• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I managed to find time to make it to Atterbury's Range today. I must say, I was impressed with the cleanliness, professionalism and safety of the facility and the caretakers/attendants. Appeared to be a great group of public people I thought. Never felt safer in my life!;)
    The shooting started out at 50yds and I didn't do so great. I knew the sights were off after seeing the results after this first session. I left the binos and screwdriver at home so I really couldn't make adjustments. The big difference came when I moved to 25yds. Still a little far for home defense distance but I was hitting the target with better accuracy. What a great range. Awesome!:patriot:
    It has me interested in taking some courses now. Once I save up some money, I'll surely be looking into it.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I managed to find time to make it to Atterbury's Range today. I must say, I was impressed with the cleanliness, professionalism and safety of the facility and the caretakers/attendants. Appeared to be a great group of public people I thought. Never felt safer in my life!;)
    The shooting started out at 50yds and I didn't do so great. I knew the sights were off after seeing the results after this first session. I left the binos and screwdriver at home so I really couldn't make adjustments. The big difference came when I moved to 25yds. Still a little far for home defense distance but I was hitting the target with better accuracy. What a great range. Awesome!:patriot:
    It has me interested in taking some courses now. Once I save up some money, I'll surely be looking into it.

Atterbury is a nice range. I go at least once a week. I wanted to go today but I was busy.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went there today, as well! It was pretty enjoyable, and hot as hell.

Group of four of us on the pistol range. My girlfriend and my brother's first time shooting. My first time with my new colt 1911. She was shooting her new Taurus PT92, which she loved. My brother, at age 15, was a natural. He was shooting some awesome groups.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There were 6 in our group down there today on the 50 yd range. It was a good day for us, with no malfunctions and generally accurate shooting. My wife decided to try the AR and loved it. She ended up shooting about half the .223 I had broughr along.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    The price is reasonable to. I felt more comfortable around there than I do around some at work, and at work, they're unarmed. I hope!:):

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I was at Atterbury Sunday with my wife for a while. So far, it's the only range she feels is safe enough for her to shoot. That says a lot about the way the range is run.

On a side note, It was good to see Buzz back at the range again, after surgery. :yesway:

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Ditto to that schafe! Buzz has always been a part of the Atterbury scene good to have him back.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I was at Atterbury Sunday with my wife for a while. So far, it's the only range she feels is safe enough for her to shoot. That says a lot about the way the range is run.

On a side note, It was good to see Buzz back at the range again, after surgery. :yesway:
    Awesome range. I can't wait to go back!

imp22b

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Greensburg, IN
    I had a question about Atterbury that one of you might be able to answer. Their site says they rent pistols, do you know what they have availiable? I'm looking to buy my first gun and want to try before I buy. I'm looking for a .40, I want to try a Glock 22, M&P, and XD/XDm

Patternpimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    I had a question about Atterbury that one of you might be able to answer. Their site says they rent pistols, do you know what they have availiable? I'm looking to buy my first gun and want to try before I buy. I'm looking for a .40, I want to try a Glock 22, M&P, and XD/XDm

I am not aware of any rental units, however there are pistols for sale. Make sure you are looking at the correct website www.atterburyshootingcomplex.com, I believe there is an old one that confuses peeps. :ar15::ar15:

balorg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Bloomington

They do indeed rent pistols and the best way to find out what they have is just to call them.

imp22b

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Greensburg, IN
    I made it out to Atterbury today. I tried calling several times before I made the almost hour drive. When I arrived I inquired about what pistols they had to rent. They only have two available a .38 and a .40. One was a Beretta the other I don't remember. Neither were what I was looking for. I also inquired as to why no one answered the phone. The only response I got from the friendly lady that was working the desk is that she normally works at the shotgun range. The didn't sit well with me since I wasted two hours driving there and back but I just let it go. I ended up stopping by the Sunglass Hut in Edinburgh and spend $70 on some sunglasses I really didn't need.

If anyone has a S&W M&P and SA XDm .40 I could shoot at Atterbury send me a PM.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I made it out to Atterbury today. I tried calling several times before I made the almost hour drive. When I arrived I inquired about what pistols they had to rent. They only have two available a .38 and a .40. One was a Beretta the other I don't remember. Neither were what I was looking for. I also inquired as to why no one answered the phone. The only response I got from the friendly lady that was working the desk is that she normally works at the shotgun range. The didn't sit well with me since I wasted two hours driving there and back but I just let it go. I ended up stopping by the Sunglass Hut in Edinburgh and spend $70 on some sunglasses I really didn't need.

If anyone has a S&W M&P and SA XDm .40 I could shoot at Atterbury send me a PM.

I have a G22 and am not too far away, you're welcome to try her out. ;)

Top Bottom