• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Mooresville
    Wanted to coach my 12 yr old a little so I take him to Atterbury. I wanted to shoot for about an hour, and took about enough ammo for that length of time. They charged me like 30 bucks! What??? Father & son sharing a lane popping off some .22's and it cost me $30 for an hour??? I'll make the drive to Crosley.

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    prices

Wanted to coach my 12 yr old a little so I take him to Atterbury. I wanted to shoot for about an hour, and took about enough ammo for that length of time. They charged me like 30 bucks! What??? Father & son sharing a lane popping off some .22's and it cost me $30 for an hour??? I'll make the drive to Crosley.
    Should have cost you$7 for one hour and since your son is under 15 $3.50 for him. Total cost $10.50 for both of you for 1 hour

Gunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Mooresville
    Should have cost you$7 for one hour and since your son is under 15 $3.50 for him. Total cost $10.50 for both of you for 1 hour
    I questioned the price. The response was a simple "yup, two people, two hour minimum." Not to say that I had a problem with the range officers, I just thought the price was crazy. I realize the RO's don't decide on the amount of the range fees, and that's why I just dropped it. I may give Atterbury another shot. Thanks.

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    I like Atterbury and the range officers. They have always been polite and informative. The rules are there for everyone's safety. The range includes 7, 15, 25, 50, and 100 yards.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Great place to teach "boy scout safety" and I am serious about this, but when it comes time to teach real woods/life scenarios get away from the range officers at Atterbury, just be sure to continue teaching safety and common sense even in the woods!

RLEEMAYS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Edinburgh
    I went to Atterbury alot when the new range opened. The range was awsome, but they raised the price alot after the private ownership took over. I think now it is over $20 dollars to shoot for 2 hrs! The target stand deposit is also a rip off! If you shoot the target stand made out of wood, you have to pay for it!! Oh well such is the price to have a place to practice the 2nd Amendment!

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    target stands

I went to Atterbury alot when the new range opened. The range was awsome, but they raised the price alot after the private ownership took over. I think now it is over $20 dollars to shoot for 2 hrs! The target stand deposit is also a rip off! If you shoot the target stand made out of wood, you have to pay for it!! Oh well such is the price to have a place to practice the 2nd Amendment!
    The target stands are now made of 5/8 rebar, a pretty tough metal. It takes lots of hits to shoot one into. The prices have been lowered and there is no minimum on the hours. $7 for 1st hour and $5 for each additional hour. Shooters under 15 can shoot for $3.50, must be with adult. Give it a try.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    We go there a couple of times a week, and have never had a bad experience. The people who work there are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. It is a great place to shoot.

Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I've been to Atterbury a few times and I've never had a bad experience. On my first visit, I got called out (my mistake), but during the down time, the RSO explained what I did wrong and why their rule is in place. No problem. The RSO and I joked about the reason. I feel very safe shooting in that facility.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    If you are not too awful far from Huntington, IN, the Roush Lake DNR range is similar to Atterbury but MUCH cheaper--$4 to shoot all day!, and no hidden fees or deposits. A new trap/skeet range is currently under construction.

I take my Basic Pistol and Personal Protection in the Home students there for the range sections.

Bob Aldridge, NRA certified instructor and Range Safety Officer
    260-459-2382

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Finally got someone to answer the phone there. Rifle and pistol range open, shotgun closed for registered trap shoot.

Taking my two sons today if anyone else is headed that way look me up. Will be wearing INGO hat!

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I'm glad to hear about the price and minimum hr. changes. As far as the RO's... I've only seen one (sawed-off short-sh*t cop wanna-be) being rude. And no... I'm not "special" however I will always vote with my money and I won't pay to be insulted. I'll probably return since the pricing adjustments. :rockwoot: :patriot:

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    insulted

If you were truley insulted by any employee you should have went up to the shotgun range and complained to the owner. I'm sure it would have been addressed. If you were yelled at over the P>A> system for doing something wrong thats a different story. When someone is handling a firearm or shooting baffles or pointing the muzzle any place but down range during a cease fire they will be yelled at and corrected. During the above situations there is not time to walk from one end of the range to the other to politely ask someone to please take your finger off the trigger and stop pointing the muzzle at the people next to you.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    The owner?

If you were truley insulted by any employee you should have went up to the shotgun range and complained to the owner.

With all due respect, I believe we are all the owners of this range. If there is someone there that considers himself the "owner" I would like to meet him!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    On a lighter note, I was very satisfied with our trip to Atterbury this past Sunday. RO's and all employees were very helpful and friendly. I have been one of the biggest critics of this range in the past and this experience has changed my thinking at least for now. My two son's and I had a great day. I'll post some pics this evening.

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    corrected

If you were truley insulted by any employee you should have went up to the shotgun range and complained to the owner.

With all due respect, I believe we are all the owners of this range. If there is someone there that considers himself the "owner" I would like to meet him!
    I stand corrected. I should have used the term concessionaire or big boss. Glad you had a good time Sunday. I work almost every Sunday but had the last one off. Sorry I missed you.

Top Bottom