• ...and so much more!
  • 22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hi folks,

Sometime this season my brother wants to come down for the weekend to squirrel hunt. I think that Atterbury is about the closest State area.

I have never hunted state land and do not know the in's and out's of the the permits required other than the general hunting license.

From the website it says:

permission to hunt during the day on Atterbury Fish & Wildlife Area must be obtained before entering the field. Daily hunt permit cards must be in possession of the hunter and recorded through established self service procedures outlined at the checking station. Self-service drop boxes are located on the property for your convenience.

What do I need to do to check in and to get permission to hunt?

Roan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2013
    Franklin
    There is a DNR office on Co Rd 800 S that you have to check in at. Its close by the military entrance across the street. If you walk up to the main door there are check-in cards on the left by the pop machines before you go inside which you have to fill out plus fill out the sign in sheet. After your done your supposed to put the card in a box located at a couple different locations in atterbury or back at the DNR office.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom