• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'll be there around 10. I'll probably shoot my Savage MKII, and I have some 9mm reloads to test out of my 92FS. I'll be wearing a Tan hat with an American Flag patch on the front.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I have yet to go to Atterbury....but I've heard from a number of places that it (at least USED to offer) a 1,000 yard range?? Is this true or is it strictly 100 yards after their recent renovation?

Patternpimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    I have yet to go to Atterbury....but I've heard from a number of places that it (at least USED to offer) a 1,000 yard range?? Is this true or is it strictly 100 yards after their recent renovation?

100yds is the longest at the civilian gun range. I have been told by someone starting in F class shooting that Camp Atterbury the actual base opens its gun range a couple times a year for use of 1000 yd, but that is hearsay.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    100yds is the longest at the civilian gun range. I have been told by someone starting in F class shooting that Camp Atterbury the actual base opens its gun range a couple times a year for use of 1000 yd, but that is hearsay.

It's true. We even got the chance to shoot out there for Appleseed, once.

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Atterbury

Moparracer89. If you want to shoot pistol and rifle out to 100 yds. in a safe clean environment with rest room facilities and ammo sales (candy too) available at a reasonable price with courteous staff to serve you go to Atterbury. Yes, I am the king of run-on sentences! :rockwoot:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

The DNR range at the Atterbury Fish and Wildlife location has never had a 1000 yd range.

The range at Camp Atterbury (not open to the public as far as I know) might have a 1000 yd range.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It is a very nice range. Pistol lanes are 7, 15, and 25 yards. Rifle is 50 and 100. There is a total of 60 something lanes. They have very good prices on primers and powder in the pro shop. They also sell targets, ammo, guns, etc. I wish they had lanes that went out to at least 200 yards. They also have automated trap houses. Normally I go on Thursdays and Saturdays.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    The DNR range at the Atterbury Fish and Wildlife location has never had a 1000 yd range.

The range at Camp Atterbury (not open to the public as far as I know) might have a 1000 yd range.

Yes the Military range is large and impressive, and long. :) I've yet to shoot at the civilian range, sounds nice though! Just can't justify driving an hour to shoot when I can stay local, and reach out to 500 yards. :D

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Yes the Military range is large and impressive, and long. :) I've yet to shoot at the civilian range, sounds nice though! Just can't justify driving an hour to shoot when I can stay local, and reach out to 500 yards. :D

I understand that, it's only a 20 minute drive for me. The only other nearset range is about 45 minutes, but it goes out to 200 yards.

Top Bottom