• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'll be there around 10. I'll probably shoot my Savage MKII, and I have some 9mm reloads to test out of my 92FS. I'll be wearing a Tan hat with an American Flag patch on the front.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I have yet to go to Atterbury....but I've heard from a number of places that it (at least USED to offer) a 1,000 yard range?? Is this true or is it strictly 100 yards after their recent renovation?

Patternpimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    I have yet to go to Atterbury....but I've heard from a number of places that it (at least USED to offer) a 1,000 yard range?? Is this true or is it strictly 100 yards after their recent renovation?

100yds is the longest at the civilian gun range. I have been told by someone starting in F class shooting that Camp Atterbury the actual base opens its gun range a couple times a year for use of 1000 yd, but that is hearsay.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    100yds is the longest at the civilian gun range. I have been told by someone starting in F class shooting that Camp Atterbury the actual base opens its gun range a couple times a year for use of 1000 yd, but that is hearsay.

It's true. We even got the chance to shoot out there for Appleseed, once.

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Atterbury

Moparracer89. If you want to shoot pistol and rifle out to 100 yds. in a safe clean environment with rest room facilities and ammo sales (candy too) available at a reasonable price with courteous staff to serve you go to Atterbury. Yes, I am the king of run-on sentences! :rockwoot:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

The DNR range at the Atterbury Fish and Wildlife location has never had a 1000 yd range.

The range at Camp Atterbury (not open to the public as far as I know) might have a 1000 yd range.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It is a very nice range. Pistol lanes are 7, 15, and 25 yards. Rifle is 50 and 100. There is a total of 60 something lanes. They have very good prices on primers and powder in the pro shop. They also sell targets, ammo, guns, etc. I wish they had lanes that went out to at least 200 yards. They also have automated trap houses. Normally I go on Thursdays and Saturdays.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    The DNR range at the Atterbury Fish and Wildlife location has never had a 1000 yd range.

The range at Camp Atterbury (not open to the public as far as I know) might have a 1000 yd range.

Yes the Military range is large and impressive, and long. :) I've yet to shoot at the civilian range, sounds nice though! Just can't justify driving an hour to shoot when I can stay local, and reach out to 500 yards. :D

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Yes the Military range is large and impressive, and long. :) I've yet to shoot at the civilian range, sounds nice though! Just can't justify driving an hour to shoot when I can stay local, and reach out to 500 yards. :D

I understand that, it's only a 20 minute drive for me. The only other nearset range is about 45 minutes, but it goes out to 200 yards.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom