• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Toastmag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2009
    I am new to IN gun forum and fairly new to gun ownership and licensed concealed carry. I have joined NRA, read the US CCA magazine regularly, and have just purchased and read Brian Ciyou's book.

I have received consistent advice to carry the name, and number, of a qualified criminal defense attorney in my wallet. This attorney should be experienced in concealed carry and self-defense cases. Does anyone have a recommendation for an attorney in the Fort Wayne area that fits these qualifications?

Thank you for your time and advice!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't have a recommendation for you, but I would suggest that you also leave the name and number with your spouse or a friend. The reason is that if you are arrested, you will likely not have access to your wallet to retrieve the card, and you probably have your wife's or friend's phone number memorized.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    As Scutter01 suggested memorize both you wife and girlfriends # and make sure they both have the number to the lawyer. You never know which ONE you will need to call for the number! LOL!!!

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    You really need to have the attorney on retainer, not just have their number. Bad things don't only happen during business hours. Even if the lawyer isn't specialized in personal defense situations, having any lawyer on retainer is good because they will connect you with the appropriate lawyer if they aren't the right one for the job.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    In Ft Wayne, Steve Trotter. I've been shooting with him for over 20 years. There are others....

As an aside, get involved in IPSC and Practical Pistol shooting in the area, and you will meet lots of people that know lots of people for answers to your question.

Welcome to the Forum. I hope to see you on the range.....

Passive101

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    La Porte
    I'm in NW IN and am curious about this as well. If anyone knows someone in the local area to me that is great please PM me or post it here. I don't have money to join any shooting organizations yet, but plan to in the future.

Top Bottom