• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Does anyone make a tri-axle anymore? The farm has 1 tri-axel Polaris (that we can't get parts for and is useless right now) and two 2-axels. They both struggle with mud, though the Kobota is awful. Really need to turn them all in for a new tri-axel (if they can be found!).

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Does anyone make a tri-axle anymore? The farm has 1 tri-axel Polaris (that we can't get parts for and is useless right now) and two 2-axels. They both struggle with mud, though the Kobota is awful. Really need to turn them all in for a new tri-axel (if they can be found!).

A30F4BCB-6DB4-41EF-8E1E-08911EF88C2E_zpsfltupz09.png

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Bringing this one back from the dead as I finally bought a UTV today. My daughter has been begging for something since we moved to the new house. We got her grades yesterday and she's earned a reward so I bought a 2010 JD 620I with only 280 hours on it this evening. She's got some bruises here and there but she runs right and I believe I got a fair price looking at used prices on em.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice on this decision.

6JSUEm9h.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thanks for the link! Mine definitely needs new rubber, does your link take me to the exact tires I need to fit the Gator?

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Thanks for the link! Mine definitely needs new rubber, does your link take me to the exact tires I need to fit the Gator?

It does (please verify those are 14" rims). Note these are less expensive knock offs of the OEM Maxxis Bighorns which are redonkulously expensive.

I've had good results with this tread pattern but mine spends very little time on asphalt or concrete.

I run them at 9 lbs. all the way around.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    When I was young and dumb I needed good tires on my ATV. Now that I'm old and slightly less dumb I don't need good tires. I run them until they wont hold air. If I get in the mud now its by mistake. Back then I would go out of my way to find it, and get stuck. You will be surprised what your machine will go through as is as long as you have some sense. I say run the rubber you have. It looks much better than the rubber on my Teryx, and I take it though the creek with water above the floor boards pretty regular.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My biggest concern with the current tires is the 40 visible plugs lol. It won't see mud on even a semi regular basis but I do need it to be usable. She'll probably make it out to the farm a few times a year for food plot work but for the most part she'll be a pasture patroller.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You probably have honey locust trees on your ground somewhere, they are the enemy of all ag tires.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    You probably have honey locust trees on your ground somewhere, they are the enemy of all ag tires.

True statement. That is how I found that JD seems to have an exclusive deal with Maxxis, in that those tire dimensions I sent you Corey can't be found on the open market in the Maxxis brand, only at your friendly JD dealer. For a premium price. That's when I went Googleing for a viable alternative.

Top Bottom