• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    page 55 is interesting. The detective played the tape for mr martin and asked if the person yelling Help was his son and he said no.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Yeah, sensational articles with creative writing. The OFFICAL autopsy has listed ONE (which is more than zero, less than two) injury to Martin's hand: a 1/4 x 1/8 abrasion on his left ring finger. Hardly the "plural" (more than one) "injuries" state by both of the articles you listed. I posted up the autopsy in another thread. Check my post history if you doubt.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Never let facts get in the way of a good old fashioned lynching.

Those articles are written as fact, but are anything but. Kinda scary how willing people are to believe the "liberal left-wing media" when it confirms with their worldview. Even more troubling, that no one seeks out or even cares to see the source material from these claim are made. Sorry to poo poo on the party, but I rather be informed correctly than take anyone's word.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I wonder what the rationale was for having a jury of six women. Based on what I have heard so far, I am of the opinion that Zimmerman is not guilty of the crimes for which he has been charged. However, I would not be surprised in the least if he is found guilty to save the country from the looting and rioting that is sure to happen should he be found innocent. I bet that you never heard on the lamestream media about the many attacks including at least one killing of a white southern college kid as a payback for Zimmerman killing Martin. I am glad that I am not Zimmerman who, even if he should be found not guilty, already has his life ruined by the biased and lying newspeople and by the US Dept. of Justice.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I vaguely remember "due process" talk in law school about a case that found that a jury of 6 could comply with "due process" requirements, and another case that found that if you have a 6 person jury, the verdict had to be unanimous. Some states (used too? don't know if still do) allow majority votes in juries. I also vaguely remember that with a 12 person jury, "due process" was provided as long as a guilty verdict required 8 or more votes to convict.

It's all so vague to me because in Indiana, which is the only state I've ever practiced in, we have 12 person juries for criminal offenses of C felony above, and 6 lesser crimes and for civil. Verdicts must be unanimous.

As for all women, that's the luck of the draw. You only have so many peremptory challenges and "I want a guy on there" isn't "for cause".

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    The judge ruled today that Zimmerman's parents cannot attend the trial but Martin's can. The way this is going it looks like a lynching in court clothing. The judge is obviously prejudiced against Zimmerman. The guy doesn't have a chance in hell.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Funny how the defense stated it was Zimmerman screaming on the audio, but since it was more believable that it was Martin, the defense shut it down. Obviously had these been allowed during the trial, both sides would have been able to present their case as to who they believed was screaming.

Can't fault the defense, but it is still one of those moments that kinda works against believing Zimmerman's account.

How exactly did you come to the conclusion it was more "believable" that Martin was the one screaming?

The judge ruled today that Zimmerman's parents cannot attend the trial but Martin's can. The way this is going it looks like a lynching in court clothing. The judge is obviously prejudiced against Zimmerman. The guy doesn't have a chance in hell.

Well she did throw out the audio experts which helped Zimmerman. Thus far it seems balanced. As for the pre-trial stuff I'm not so sure.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    How is Big Z's entire jury composed, not just of women, but of only 6 women? What happened to a jury of 12?

Better tried by 12 than carried by 6, ya know?

My understanding is tha Florida has a rule that in non-capital casess they use a six person jury. If Zimmermann were facing the death penalty, it would be 12.

But I do not practice in Florida. Jsut heard that on the news during this debacle.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Well, anybody using drugs, I personally would view as irrational. So in that regard, I think it helps Zimmerman.

I don't really know what to think about it. I think society's reaction to drugs has been pretty irrational, so in the end everything about that seems to run itself in circles.

And as a point of clarification, there was no bruising on Martin's fists, nor was any of Zimmernan's DNA on Martin's hands, knuckles, or fingers. The only thing found, was an 1/4 x 1/8 abrasion on the left ring finger.

I looked for a source of the claim of bruising. I have found a couple that mentioned bruising, a few that mentioned abrasions and a cut, and a couple that said there was only a cut. I haven't been able to find an active link with the autopsy itself. I don't know. I will scratch that one for now.

This strikes me as a huge hurdle for Zimmerman. Merely touching something, can leave a solid DNA marker. How, given how violent Zimmerman recalled Martin during the episode, did Martin avoid leaving ANY DNA on Zimmerman, or have Zimmerman's DNA on himself?

It was a rainy night. If Martin hit Zimmerman, broke his nose and knocked him down, then got on top and pounded Zimmerman's head into the sidewalk would there necessarily be DNA all over either of them? Martin did not need to strike Zimmerman to pound his head into the sidewalk. He could have just grabbed Zimmerman's head.

Ultimately I don't care all that much about DNA. I simply don't watch enough TV to believe in the fabled ability to find DNA under any and all circumstances. Seems to me not finding DNA is only proof that they didn't find DNA, not that it was never there, or that somebody never touched something.

And I'm not exact sure there was a witness that saw Martin on top of Zimmerman. The is a witness that saw Zimmerman on top of Martin, after he had been shot, but I don't think anyone saw them during the actual "fight," and I could be wrong.

One media report stated that a witness said a younger man was on top of an older man beating him severely (paraphrased). The existence of a report obviously doesn't make it true.

I'd really like someone to explain this DNA thing to me, because it appears to be quite damning. If Zimmerman was attack by Trayvon using his hands, a bloodied pretty thoroughly, I think it is logical that there would a fair amount of blood on his hands.

Define broken. Did the cartilage separate from the bone? (Seems likely.) If so did his nose bleed at the instant of impact or perhaps after Martin drew back to punch again as Zimmerman fell? Must a quick hard punch to the nose bleed quickly enough to bloody Martin's hand? Did Martin fall back onto wet grass after being shot? Could that have removed the DNA that might have been present on his hands? Could wet grass have removed enough DNA that only Abby could find it? Is Abby really that good or is she an actress?

When I was a kid I broke my nose on the back of the front seat of a car. Back then there were no seatbelts and many cars had metal trim on the back of the front seats. I said ow. Probably a lot. I was fairly young. My nose didn't bleed. Proof of anything? Not really. Just a thought.

And how is this supposed to have played out? Zimmerman was on the phone trying to read a street sign. There was no indication he was chasing Martin. Did Zimmerman manage to chase Martin down, hit him, get beat up, then shoot him? Did Zimmerman catch Martin at the street sign, shoot him, then beat himself up? Zimmerman's account seems to fit what is reported to be on the tapes better than any variation I've heard where Zimmerman just went off and murdered poor baby Twayvon 'cause it was fun.

I'm not much of a believer in the killed him for fun argument. Have you ever gone off and killed someone because you had a gun, and what the hey? I haven't even given it any thought (I don't actually imagine you have either). Bill Cosby admitted to that emotion in an interview - I decided he was just a little crazy and we are all better off that he's gone anti gun after giving that one back. Normal people? Well... Of course if Zimmerman is a Democrat, sure, maybe, I've read comments by quite a few Democrats that suggest the thought has occurred to them, so I suppose...

Either way I'm going to have to wonder, in all the other times he's reported crimes in that neighborhood, why didn't he just up and shoot someone for fun? From what I've read this would have been his sixth or seventh "cuff 'n stuff". In the end I don't find that kill for funzies thought rattling around in my head, so I have a hard time imagining it rattling around in anybody else's unless they just come out and bring it up. Then I tend to move away from them on the group W bench.

The times from Zimmerman's non-emergency call seem to fit with his claim that Martin lost him, then came back a couple of minutes later to confront him. Zimmerman certainly seems to have been the one who got the worst of the fist fight.

It would appear, from the reports of the Prosecutor's statements, he's counting on the all female jury not knowing CSI: Miami is make-believe, and believing that everyone who isn't black must be a racist. Me? I'm not buying.

Top Bottom