Aug '11 1500: Location of good deals at the 1500!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    There were 5 or 6 things I was specifically looking for, and didn't find any of them there. :( I figured I'd just get a Glock 26 if I couldn't find any of the other items, and I didn't even buy one of them either even though they were everywhere. Got to the show with $1300 in my pocket, left the show without spending a nickle- except for parking. LOL.

INGO has a nice location at the front, make sure you swing by and say hi to the guys if you go.
    I did do that! :D

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    1500 rifle ammo tip

223 wolf 500 rds 100.00
    7.62x54r 500 rds 80.00-85.00 some Bulgarian brass for 60.00 300rds
    7.62x39 Yugo brass 226.00 1226 rds
    7.62x39 wolf, Brown bear. 115.00 - 500 rds

seen 3 Russian 7.62x39 Bakelight for 65.00 each...

Don't go if your looking for AK gear unless you favor tapco and UTG products:rolleyes:
    If there were an AK vendor at the 1500 he would be making a small fortune for sure.

Didnt get rid of the Saiga 12 :xmad:
    Had some funny offers...... from the guys over at Brad and Knife ladies table:laugh: 200.00$

Got some INGO decals, a mag holster, 5$ Pepsi and

a whole lotta money to take back home.

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Yeah...the only thing there that there were any deals on was ammo and some accessories/surplus. Nothing special on guns that i can't get at or better prices with PSS, ITS, and online.

Indyrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    NE INDY
    I saw some pretty good xdm prices from both Midwest and the Ace booth. As a matter of Fact Ace had a NIB XDm .40 4.5 inch tagged at $549.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Got a Kahr CW9 from Plainfield Shooting Supplies for $431 out the door this morning. Show seemed just like Fort Wayne show but 4 times the vendors and customers. Super crowded and cramped with not that many great deals. I got what I wanted and got the hell out of there. Probably won't waste the time or gas next time and will just go to the Fort Wayne shows instead. On a side note, I did discover that my finger will barely fit inside the trigger guard on a Keltec PF9 that I was considering buying. Good thing I checked that, it definitely steered me away from it.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I saw some pretty good xdm prices from both Midwest and the Ace booth. As a matter of Fact Ace had a NIB XDm .40 4.5 inch tagged at $549.

If you want it...buy it....I can't even find a better price online, which almost never happens. Call ITS before you do though...he surprises me on his prices a lot of the time.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Got a Kahr CW9 from Plainfield Shooting Supplies for $431 out the door this morning. Show seemed just like Fort Wayne show but 4 times the vendors and customers. Super crowded and cramped with not that many great deals. I got what I wanted and got the hell out of there. Probably won't waste the time or gas next time and will just go to the Fort Wayne shows instead. On a side note, I did discover that my finger will barely fit inside the trigger guard on a Keltec PF9 that I was considering buying. Good thing I checked that, it definitely steered me away from it.

Yeah you picked a horrible show time to come test the waters on the 1500. You should give the October or January show a shot before swearing them off completely....yeah it is still crowded...but 3 times the size and usually many, many more deals....the spring/summer shows are the worst

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Yeah you picked a horrible show time to come test the waters on the 1500. You should give the October or January show a shot before swearing them off completely....yeah it is still crowded...but 3 times the size and usually many, many more deals....the spring/summer shows are the worst

January is always better in my experience.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There was a very nice gentleman in the back corner area who had custom steel targets. He is local! Very pleased to meet him and have him help me with targets for my shooting area.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not really sure if the deals are any better but at the March 1500 I overheard one of the dealers talking to another, say this is the the one where they buy! And I like the Jan & March the best. I just went this time cause I was bored, and needed to get out of the house!

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    The best two deals I saw ended up being one good deal because I took the other, lol.

Got a nice numbers matching very nice bore Izzy Mosin (now I have a pair, Izzy and Tula, and by random chance, both 1937) for $100 cash OTD, with cleaning goodies and about... 15 loose rounds of ammo... And was private sale so no time spent on paperwork and junk.

Saw another guy over by the hot dog stand with one last Spike's Punisher lower remaining, almost picked it up, but then I would have had to cancel my pre-paid Punisher lower at Bradis, and I don't have the other parts for the build yet, so I just let it ride.

Seriously considered grabbing it and flipping it for profit though, lol, he had a GOOD price on it.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Oh, and Cowgirl.sdm was with me and spotted a NEW Bersa Thunder .380 for $260 from Acme in Seymour, best price I've ever seen on a new one, before that, TSG had the best price on one at $279 for a two-tone...

$260 is a heckuva price!

Top Bottom