• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    A day that I always looked forward to before I became a full time college student and then an adult living the work life. There were times before school I would sneak out behind the house and see if I could find a little gray squirrel cutting a hickory nut. Almost certainly as soon as school was out I'd throw on some pants, camo shirt, duct tape my pants to my boots, spray some raid, and head to the woods. The thrill of sneaking up on a tree full of grays and then trying to pick them off without scaring the others was one of my favorite things to do. As I grow up the chances to go out are getting less and less but I always find time to do it.

Did anyone get to go out and enjoy a nice stroll through the woods today? It was a little hot and there was rain around, but it seemed like a perfect August 15th to me!

smith7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    ft wayne
    Thanks, sorry for the triple photo. 10/22 with the stainless barrel. Not as pretty as the wood stock, but doesn't mind the rain either.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    Smith7.3 You are more than welcome to come to my house and shoot as many of those things as you want. I live in a subdivision and have a HUGE Pin Oak Tree and they come for miles around to snack. -Jason

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I went out this morning. Wanted to put out trail cameras so I took my 10/22 with me. Saw a couple but couldn't get any shots. I put up my cameras then got poured on. Needless to say the hunt was cut short!

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Went out on the 16th to bring in my trail camera I use for deer and took the 12 gauge with bird shot. The only thins I got was soaking wet but still had a blast :)

smith7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    ft wayne
    Two today, but one had the mange or some kind of fur funk. We feed him to the carp in the st Mary's. image.jpg Weather was awesome, perfect for taking my oldest daughter.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Well didn't get out yet this year but have plans to spend some time in the woods on Saturday with baby girl and drop some tree rats. We have been having a blast at the range with the 10/22's and the small peppermint candies from the dollar store! She is already talking about just doing head shots this year.

By the way. You want to have a blast with the kids for cheap....this is the way to go!!! Dollar store peppermint candies! Take them to the outdoor range, peal the wrappers off, line them up, and have fun. No cleanup and it is fun to get ready to shoot one and have it explode before you get a chance....GREAT TIMES with the kids.

Top Bottom