• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    IF the owner of the shop didn't want to deal with it he should have just STFU and dumped some donuts.
    I agree with the "Owner Rules" but his explanation doesn't jive with the line of events. Seems like a Cover your Arse to me.
    Along with a didn't really cover your gun! If the blogger weren't out for a story, he wouldn't have sloppily concealed a handgun! Me thinks he poorly concealed to start a fight! Had he properly concealed his firearm, he could have had his baguette, and no LE interaction. This seems as it is nothing more than a publicity stunt to drive views of his blog!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Along with a didn't really cover your gun! If the blogger weren't out for a story, he wouldn't have sloppily concealed a handgun! Me thinks he poorly concealed to start a fight! Had he properly concealed his firearm, he could have had his baguette, and no LE interaction. This seems as it is nothing more than a publicity stunt to drive views of his blog!

I thought about this as well. Getting arrested and/or admitting guilt doesn't seem too wise from where I'm parking my tushy.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I don't know.
    Signs have weight of law there.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What is 311?

3 1 1 is a city/towns non-emergency number to call in about complaints, ask questions about city services, get help on services.

In large cities the call is routed to the city info center who can then transfer you to the correct department or answer the basic questions. When does trash service occur, what time is the parade, etc.

Its similar to 8 1 1 when you cann before you dig to ensure you dont cut underground lines.

This way only immediate life threating emergencies go to 9 1 1.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Point being, a properly concealed handgun would not have turned this into a news story, law weighted sign or not!

You claimed that he sloppily carried to start something.
    I stated that "something" could have been "bad".

Also, Concealed Carry is NOT Invisible Carry.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I fail to see the win on either side of this story. If you know signs have the law behind them, OBEY them... Or risk getting caught breaking the law and suffering consequences. On the other hand, why call the cops if the guy wasn't being aggressive or acting as if he would be a danger to the shop patrons and workers? What ever happened to building good relationships with repeat customers???

And I tried... I really tried to resist. But I got Borg'ed...Ahh, the futility!

This whole mess will most likely cost the bakery a lot of dough!!!

There. Out of my system now. I feel MUCH better. :)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    *IF* it ends up costing this bakery its biz and they close down then it is a win for the 2a crowd as that is one less anti-2a biz in the mix. Does it help the 2a movement in the end is up for debate.

What the 2a guy did is straight out of the democracts playbook btw.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    This is, I believe different than Indiana in that a posted sign is not law. As I understand it, business owners can post a "no firearms" sign in Indiana but that does not write a statute for their business. Their only recourse is to ask you to leave and if you refuse you can be arrested for trespass.. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about Indiana law please.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    IF the owner of the shop didn't want to deal with it he should have just STFU and dumped some donuts.
    I agree with the "Owner Rules" but his explanation doesn't jive with the line of events. Seems like a Cover your Arse to me.

If the carrier doesn't want to deal with having the police called on him, he should of just not carried in the place he knew was posted, and discussed with the owner previously about it being posted, or shop somewhere else.

This is, I believe different than Indiana in that a posted sign is not law. As I understand it, business owners can post a "no firearms" sign in Indiana but that does not write a statute for their business. Their only recourse is to ask you to leave and if you refuse you can be arrested for trespass.. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about Indiana law please.

Generally speaking you are correct, there is some disagreement though if a properly worded sign could meet the requirements for a trespassing charge by itself. I don't think there is an attorney on here that disagreed, although some non attorneys have.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Generally speaking you are correct, there is some disagreement though if a properly worded sign could meet the requirements for a trespassing charge by itself. I don't think there is an attorney on here that disagreed, although some non attorneys have.

Marion Co Prosecutor has historically not filed on signs only notification, at least for public spaces. IIRC, it was a parking garage where the matter came up. It's been several years, and the details are somewhat blurry at this remove, but I think the logic was they didn't feel they could get "beyond a reasonable doubt" that the person saw, read, understood, then intentionally violated the sign.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I have as much sympathy for the owner of this bakery as I do for the NFL. - he made his bed, and now he's lying in it. And he should stop whining about it.

I don't really carry if the carrier involved entered in spite of the sign, forgot, spaced it or what. He's got to deal with what he did too.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    https://thetruthaboutthetruthaboutguns.wordpress.co

24 MAY 2016...

... Over the past few years, Robert Farago – the editor of The Truth About Guns – has functionally leeched off of, exploited, stabbed in the back, maligned, abused, lied about, misrepresented, stolen from, and infringed upon the rights of countless other people, both actual pro-rights activists and people who are not at all involved in the firearm-related community. Recent events have shown us that people seem largely unaware of this pattern of misconduct in Robert’s past, so this post will serve as a centralized source of information on the same.

...In any case, Robert Farago is not a friend of the Second Amendment, nor is he a friend of those who would defend it. This post will hopefully help alert people to those two simple facts...

Last edited:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, it is their bakery and their right to post up the gun buster signage. Sadly, it has to be respected in a place of business. Personally, I would just take my business elsewhere.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    https://thetruthaboutthetruthaboutguns.wordpress.co

24 MAY 2016...

... Over the past few years, Robert Farago – the editor of The Truth About Guns – has functionally leeched off of, exploited, stabbed in the back, maligned, abused, lied about, misrepresented, stolen from, and infringed upon the rights of countless other people, both actual pro-rights activists and people who are not at all involved in the firearm-related community. Recent events have shown us that people seem largely unaware of this pattern of misconduct in Robert’s past, so this post will serve as a centralized source of information on the same.

...In any case, Robert Farago is not a friend of the Second Amendment, nor is he a friend of those who would defend it. This post will hopefully help alert people to those two simple facts...

That is one worthless rant about whoever this guy is. The first complaints are about copyright infringements. Really? This rant makes out like he kills babies for fun. After 10 minutes I gave up looking for something important. Lots of tiny things don't add up to something big.

and I have no idea who this guy is or why this rant hates him.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That is one worthless rant about whoever this guy is. The first complaints are about copyright infringements. Really? This rant makes out like he kills babies for fun. After 10 minutes I gave up looking for something important. Lots of tiny things don't add up to something big.

Sorry. I searched Google on this guy, wondering why a gun related website editor couldn't effectively CC. :dunno:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I understand not wanting to sift through 9k words, but Farago is not well regarded by a lot of folks who are well regarded, so that's probably a clue.

Top Bottom