• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I was curious if I have a full auto M16, (safe, semi, full) can I convert it to a 4 way select fire (safe, semi, full, burst) or would that mean I had to re-form and apply for another stamp?

TJ

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    IANAL, but I would think that once it fires full auto, it doesn't make a hill of beans difference if it fires burst also. More than one bullet per pull of the trigger makes it an NFA weapon. How many you get after more than one is beside the point.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    IANAL, but I would think that once it fires full auto, it doesn't make a hill of beans difference if it fires burst also. More than one bullet per pull of the trigger makes it an NFA weapon. How many you get after more than one is beside the point.

^ This would be my guess too, but it is just that. A guess. I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, so I have no way to tell for sure.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    More than one shot per trigger pull is a machine gun regardless if it is two or two thousand.

A MG is a MG is a MG- modifying rate of fire or shots per pull won't require a new stamp. And why would it - you're not changing the fact that it's a MG.

Top Bottom