• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Got one a minute ago from "Pacifictel" on the CID, phone number 503-902-8479. We've placed our home number on the do not call list umpteen times. Not sure if that list expires from time to time, or why we continue to get calls.

I got about 2 hours sleep last night due to being up feeding / changing diapers on a one week old baby, so was not in the mood for the phone to ring, especially from a telemarketer. I decided to answer to speak my mind and got the automated recording about "you can get your credit card interest rates lowered by...." click.

Since the CID showed a number, I decided to call them back to have a word with them. Much to my suprise, and delight delight, upon calling the number I was answered by another automated message that said "Please enter the number you wish to place on our do not call list."

Evidently they know they tick people off with the automated cold calls, so have set that up to the default answering service.

So, -1 for the automated call, but +1 for having an easy out option...UNLESS that is their underhanded way of getting you to confirm the #. If so, I'll really have a hay day with them if they call back.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You know you can sue them for $500 in small claims court for each violation, right? Look up the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I get a duct cleaning service robocalling me. When I call back and ask why they're calling me they hang up. Lately, they have a menu item that asks if you want to unsubscribe from these calls. I still call them back and *****.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You know you can sue them for $500 in small claims court for each violation, right? Look up the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.

Yes & why you will win (if you have your documentation in order) good luck getting the money. :faint:

BTW does this work for cellphone calls to?
    -Jedi

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    They're required to honor the Do Not Call list. If you document every time they call, it's extremely easy to win, and it's $500 EVERY TIME THEY CALL. But yes, collecting can be a problem. Luckily, there are companies that specialize in helping you collect judgements on small claims awards.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    There is a special place in hell reserved for two types of people. The first is telemarketers, the second are child molesters.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    There is a special place in hell reserved for two types of people. The first is telemarketers, the second are child molesters.

Halloween_Michael_Jackson_Microphone_Headset.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Meh just don't answer. =)
    Now a days I don't 99% of my calls. Even when it's somone in my address book.
    You can talk to my voicemail and if and when I get around to calling you back you can then talk to me. =)

-Jedi

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    you have to admit that simply not answering your phone is annoying to those do know you, and not option to those who use their phone for business.

as a side note, which does not apply with the call the OP recieved, i believe the do not call list does not apply to not profits/charities or to places you have done actual business with in the past. like your current phone company or the guy who serviced your furnace etc...

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I think all of the marketers just got a new list or something. We have been bombarded for the past 2 weeks or so with some type of marketing call. I just hit the answer button the phone base so it goes straight to voicemail. At 9:12 today one came in from MKT Strategies at 615-886-7224. Last night at about 7, one came in from Unknown Name/Number. 3:18 yesterday came from Pacificiel at 503-902-8479 and it just keeps going. Most of them are from Unknown Name/Unknown Number and the phone only keeps the last call from that "person" so I can't count how many there were from it. One day I KNOW there were 5 calls from that "person(s)" because I was here.

They should NOT be allowed to not have their number come up on the caller ID. Nor should they be allowed to call numbers on the DNCL. They may not be selling anything, but they are making money.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    All of the calls we've had were begging me to take a market research survey (and a couple of political calls). Because they're not selling anything, they don't have to adhere to the Do Not Call list, although they DO have to add you to theirs if you specifically tell them "Please put me on your Do Not Call list". Note that you can't say "Don't call me again". You have to ask to be put on their "Do Not Call" list.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I think all of the marketers just got a new list or something. We have been bombarded for the past 2 weeks or so with some type of marketing call. I just hit the answer button the phone base so it goes straight to voicemail. At 9:12 today one came in from MKT Strategies at 615-886-7224. Last night at about 7, one came in from Unknown Name/Number. 3:18 yesterday came from Pacificiel at 503-902-8479 and it just keeps going. Most of them are from Unknown Name/Unknown Number and the phone only keeps the last call from that "person" so I can't count how many there were from it. One day I KNOW there were 5 calls from that "person(s)" because I was here.

They should NOT be allowed to not have their number come up on the caller ID. Nor should they be allowed to call numbers on the DNCL. They may not be selling anything, but they are making money.

I believe that they must have their name / number information available, according to what I read on the FCC website.

Top Bottom