Availability of ammo, .22lr specifically.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    i am goin to be at the 1500 on friday. i was hoping to end up walking out with about 1000 rounds of 22lr, but after reading lots of other price posts about other gun shows lately i doubt it will happen. they yesterday at the cabelas in hammond they were putting out federal value packs, 525 rounds for $24, so i ended up with two. still going to the 1500, but my focus with be steel or self healing targets, about 100 rounds of hornady critical duty 9mm, a bolt action 22lr (like a marlin xt-22), a pump action short barrel 20 gauge shot gun, and a matte steel finish taurus public defender.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    i am goin to be at the 1500 on friday. i was hoping to end up walking out with about 1000 rounds of 22lr, but after reading lots of other price posts about other gun shows lately i doubt it will happen. they yesterday at the cabelas in hammond they were putting out federal value packs, 525 rounds for $24, so i ended up with two. still going to the 1500, but my focus with be steel or self healing targets, about 100 rounds of hornady critical duty 9mm, a bolt action 22lr (like a marlin xt-22), a pump action short barrel 20 gauge shot gun, and a matte steel finish taurus public defender.

Check out Bobcat Steel. He'll have a booth in the "accessory" building at the 1500 (room to the left when you walk in). Walk in the shot and go directly to the building on the left. He'll be on the wall to the right.

Also, you can check him out on his INGO forum here: Bobcat Steel - INGunOwners

Or his website here: Bobcat Steel | AR500 Steel Targets

I recently picked up one of his AR500 steel "popup" targets and it's great fun!

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    Check out Bobcat Steel. He'll have a booth in the "accessory" building at the 1500 (room to the left when you walk in). Walk in the shot and go directly to the building on the left. He'll be on the wall to the right.

Also, you can check him out on his INGO forum here: Bobcat Steel - INGunOwners

Or his website here: Bobcat Steel | AR500 Steel Targets

I recently picked up one of his AR500 steel "popup" targets and it's great fun!

there is more than one building?? its my first time at the 1500...its also my first time at the indy fair grounds. i thought the show was at the south pavilion, i figured it was just one huge building.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    there is more than one building?? its my first time at the 1500...its also my first time at the indy fair grounds. i thought the show was at the south pavilion, i figured it was just one huge building.

Well, it's essentially one big building but split by divider walls into 3 sections usually.

The section (or room) to the left when you go in is where Bobcat Steel is located.

I have 4 of his targets and love em. They go with me every time I shoot.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I have been avoiding gun shows lately. There is one coming up this month at the old K's Merchandise in Fort Wayne, but I am afraid that it will be a feeding frenzy as well. Takes the fun out of the gun shows when everyone is running helter skelter around the place. Sucks.

drifter197

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    s/w indy
    I once watched a Shooting USA profile of CCI and they make 3,000,000 rounds a day of .22, multiply that by Winchester, Remington, Federal that 12.000.000 rounds a day! Not counting the other manufacturers. Hard to believe there there is a shortage of .22's But of course they may be scaling back to make other caliber. But still somebody must be buying a $hi!load of .22's. It does look like thing are lightening up a little. If you have a .17 HMR or a .270 you can still find ammo at most Wally worlds.

that all they had at walmart on south 31 friday and saturday. lots of shotgun.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Read an article awhile back where our main lead mine in Missouri was down to mining medium grade ore, and one big smelter was shut down due to massive pollution of river and ground water, along with big fines. If it takes more time and money to get lead into the market place, do the math. Start spending your dollars on rough, and not on fluff.

junior438

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    redkey
    nope they know the ammo is in hight demand right now, so they use that to their advantage and put more money in their pockets

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    nope they know the ammo is in hight demand right now, so they use that to their advantage and put more money in their pockets

Everyone has gotta eat.

You guy's are delusional if you think you're going to go to the 1500 and find any deals on ammo.

Keep checking Walmart's, and Gander Mountain. Ammo comes in and goes out just as fast.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    They were $75 at the Lafayette show.

My guess would be (unless you got there really early) some of the prices may have been lower, but you saw the $75 boxes cause they hadn't sold. Lower prices *may* have been around (though probably not pre-panic prices) but sold before you could see them.

Just a guess.

Everyone has gotta eat.

You guy's are delusional if you think you're going to go to the 1500 and find any deals on ammo.

Keep checking Walmart's, and Gander Mountain. Ammo comes in and goes out just as fast.

This. If you legitimately just don't have the money to pay more for ammo, stop by walmart on the way home from work. It's hit and miss (more miss, though). It's the cheapest place around.

Otherwise, buy a couple boxes for too much and be happy till this all settles down. And it will settle down.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area

Saturday at the Kokomo show 22 LR was scarce as hen's teeth.

I saw two bricks total as I walked through at 11 a.m.

Bought a guy's last one, Federal 525 count for $50.

Second and last box I saw at another table. The AssHat was selling a 525count for $110. He had other ammo all way above market price.

I don't count on finding any ammo at the 1500 for a reasonable price.
    But there better be a really nice Smith and Wessonmodel 22K or model 18 with nice blue and perfect grips for $450 J

Top Bottom