Availability of ammo, .22lr specifically.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mistap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Art. 1, Sec. 32
    I just picked up 3 225 round packs at WM for a whopping $9 apiece! Were a couple more on the shelf and maybe 1000 rounds worth of 50 rd boxes.

The only gougers are those that overpay!

Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I just picked up 3 225 round packs at WM for a whopping $9 apiece! Were a couple more on the shelf and maybe 1000 rounds worth of 50 rd boxes.

The only gougers are those that overpay!

Which Wal-Mart? I am checking every retailer I pass as often as possible but I can't ever show up when they have anything. I haven't even had any luck finding out when shipments will be coming in.

Guess I'll just have to keep looking until I get lucky.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Which Wal-Mart? I am checking every retailer I pass as often as possible but I can't ever show up when they have anything. I haven't even had any luck finding out when shipments will be coming in.

Guess I'll just have to keep looking until I get lucky.

Walmart store #1518—Indianapolis
    3221 W 86Th St
    Indianapolis, IN 46268

It was all gone by 3:00 when I got there.

WorldofWeapons

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    OK I am new to this site how do you find out which Walmart stores are getting ammo using the thread tool? The reason I asked this is I just was in a Walmart and two guys went straight to the ammo section and asked the guy where the .223 ammo was there was none on the shelves then the guy comes out with 4 cases of 500 rounds each and the two guys bought 2 of them I bought one of them and there was still one left. I asked these guys how they knew it was coming in and they said they just looked it up on this site and they said they had it, now how do you find that info on here? That would make finding ammo a lot easier. Thanks for any help

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    OK I am new to this site how do you find out which Walmart stores are getting ammo using the thread tool? The reason I asked this is I just was in a Walmart and two guys went straight to the ammo section and asked the guy where the .223 ammo was there was none on the shelves then the guy comes out with 4 cases of 500 rounds each and the two guys bought 2 of them I bought one of them and there was still one left. I asked these guys how they knew it was coming in and they said they just looked it up on this site and they said they had it, now how do you find that info on here? That would make finding ammo a lot easier. Thanks for any help

That guy that talked to you was me :)

Welcome to INGO.

You can find the thread here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition_and_reloading/78409-get_your_ammo_here.html

The last page is going to be the most relevant since those are the newest posts.

Take a look around - a lot of other great info here!

gunluvr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Does anyone know what is driving the shortages of 22LR? I understand the shortage of 223 (it being the ammunition of the deadly AR platform)

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    Does anyone know what is driving the shortages of 22LR? I understand the shortage of 223 (it being the ammunition of the deadly AR platform)

Yeah people are scared, and buying anything that isn't nailed down. Some people are looking too cash in too make some extra money, and some people looking too hoard. Demand is at an all time high.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I did hoard a little today... Found some surplus Romanian 8mm (1977) ammo and bought all the guy had. I've been searching the interwebz and all I can find now is Iranian (bad reputation for duds and hangfires). Even the Yugo is sold out everywhere. I really wasn't expecting to find it and I was nearing the end of my walk through the show when I came across it. :rockwoot: For whatever reason, my Gewehr 88 really likes the Romanian ammo. It's much more accurate than with my Yugo ammo.

The .22 LR ammo was laughable. 50 bucks was the lowest I think I saw for 500 rounds, and I saw some as high as $75. And this was for Federal bulk, Remington Golden Bullet, etc... ie. the stuff that used to be 18-20 bucks a brick, not match ammo or anything.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just picked up an SR-22 today but have nothing to feed it. I've checked everywhere in town and online and like almost everything else right now there is nothing to be found.

Does anyone think there will be any .22lr at the show for a price that isn't nucking futs?

At the 1500 today I saw 22 LR selling for $25 for 100 and 500 for $75.

Popacap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    .22 ammo @ the show

I was at the 500 show today from 3-6 PM and I walked the entire show. All I saw was some Rem. Thunderbolt .22 500 bulk for $70. I saw some old (70's vintage) new CCI 100 round plastic rectangle box for $20 per box. I asked the guy where he got the ammo, he said from a relative that passed on. He had the actual retail display box, it was a whole retro .22 LR experience. At that price, I didn't want to risk it.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Man, I thought I was being a bit stupid to pick up that 1400 rd CCI mini-mag ammo can that Gander Mountain was selling last year at $119. I guess I'm glad I did now, since half my .22s are picky (particularly my Beretta 21a, which won't cycle anything except the really high velocity stuff).

I just wish I picked up more good quality standard velocity to shoot through my suppressor. :(

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Though on the plus side, my backordered 9mm finally showed up from Sportman's Guide. $170 per 1k shipped. :)

Hopefully that means this craziness is starting to abide (that or I just happened to be at the beginning of a very very very very long line).

Top Bottom