• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Definitely jealous. Always wanted to get my license, but just don't know where to start. Probably one of the only things I like more than shooting.

Call the nearest airport and ask who gives instruction there. Then call them and schedule a discovery flight. The instructor should be able to answer any questions you have about getting started. Just be careful, flying is expensive and highly addictive!

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Definitely jealous. Always wanted to get my license, but just don't know where to start. Probably one of the only things I like more than shooting.
    My daughter was very lucky. Due to her hard work and diligence in high school, she showed interest her sophomore year and took the ground school course at Greenwood airport and fell in love with it. Through the local EAA chapter, she submitted for a scholarship for young students and was awarded a scholarship that covered her private pilot training minus the check ride (approx $10,000). There were some wobbles with instructors and the flight school at Greenwood (raising prices, changing instructors, etc) so she finished up with Bold Aviation out of Hendricks County. She just started her freshman year at Purdue (after graduating a year early) and tested out for the Professional Flight program. She’s starting her instrument training this semester. Her big goal after flying some ATP for a few years is to start a flight school and mentor to kids like herself to get them started early and possibly even help fly special needs kids from point A to B for specialized treatment.

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My daughter was very lucky. Due to her hard work and diligence in high school, she showed interest her sophomore year and took the ground school course at Greenwood airport and fell in love with it. Through the local EAA chapter, she submitted for a scholarship for young students and was awarded a scholarship that covered her private pilot training minus the check ride (approx $10,000). There were some wobbles with instructors and the flight school at Greenwood (raising prices, changing instructors, etc) so she finished up with Bold Aviation out if Hendricks County. She just started her freshman year at Purdue (after graduating a year early) and tested out for the Professional Flight program. She’s starting her instrument training this semester. Her big goal after flying some ATP for a few years is to start a flight school and mentor to kids like herself to get them started early and possibly even help fly special needs kids from point A to B for specialized treatment.
    Good for her. I never went any professional route. Just my PPL and just like to go here and there in nice weather. Currently based at Greenwood.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Good for her. I never went any professional route. Just my PPL and just like to go here and there in nice weather. Currently based at Greenwood.
    You’ve probably seen her then, she was the one who looked like a kid stole a Cessna! She flew “Dent” most of the time and got up with Denny a couple of times in the yellow Piper Cub. (43?). She helped out a lot for Airport Day and did a lot of the field stuff for the B25.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You’ve probably seen her then, she was the one who looked like a kid stole a Cessna! She flew “Dent” most of the time and got up with Denny a couple of times in the yellow Piper Cub. (43?). She helped out a lot for Airport Day and did a lot of the field stuff for the B25.
    I think his J3 is a 46. Could be wrong. I have a 46 Ercoupe down the other side of Denny’s in an open hanger.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    You sir, are a lucky man who raised your child right!

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    You sir, are a lucky man who raised your child right!
    Thank you sir, I have a couple of great kids. It’s all we can do to lead them down the right path. My daughter got all her smarts (and great looks) from my wife, and all her determination and workaholism from me lol. This kid’s been in the paper and on the news more than any other high schooler I know and she didn’t even play sports! I could bore you all and be a braggart with all her accomplishments. She’s such an awesome nerd. I’m obviously a proud papa!

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    My daughter was very lucky. Due to her hard work and diligence in high school, she showed interest her sophomore year and took the ground school course at Greenwood airport and fell in love with it. Through the local EAA chapter, she submitted for a scholarship for young students and was awarded a scholarship that covered her private pilot training minus the check ride (approx $10,000). There were some wobbles with instructors and the flight school at Greenwood (raising prices, changing instructors, etc) so she finished up with Bold Aviation out of Hendricks County. She just started her freshman year at Purdue (after graduating a year early) and tested out for the Professional Flight program. She’s starting her instrument training this semester. Her big goal after flying some ATP for a few years is to start a flight school and mentor to kids like herself to get them started early and possibly even help fly special needs kids from point A to B for specialized treatment.

If she’s flying out of LAF and wants a taste of the Dark Side (rotorcraft), tell her to stop in at FKR. I might know a guy… ;)

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    If she’s flying out of LAF and wants a taste of the Dark Side (rotorcraft), tell her to stop in at FKR. I might know a guy… ;)
    Nooooooo!!!

Helicopters are unnatural acts. They beat the air into submission until mother nature gives up and demands they get away from earth.

Nothing but a loose collection of parts all vibrating in unison.

:nailbite:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom