• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    awesome slow mo of the yote. Was pretty cool when you could see the shot cloud impact and still have a bit of a muzzle flash in view. You could also see his reaction and the effectiveness of your shot choice.

Justifies the new toy for sure.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I haven't permanently attached anything yet but this is what I've done with the spurs, a couple sections of leg bones, the brass from the shell I used to kill the bird and the beard.

IMG_2044_zps5b70a166.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Kind of what I thought. I saw pics of very similar designs online and thought it looked pretty cool. I don't think my wife is going to allow me to put the fan up in the house so this is much less conspicuous.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I haven't permanently attached anything yet but this is what I've done with the spurs, a couple sections of leg bones, the brass from the shell I used to kill the bird and the beard.

IMG_2044_zps5b70a166.jpg

Got a link to where you saw how to do this? That looks awesome. I almost like that better than the fan. Cory if you don't want the fan I will gladly take it and preserve it myself. If you ever would want it back its yours.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I just googled "turkey spur display" and found several links. It was pretty easy, just got rid of the scales and flesh, pushed the marrow out, soaked the bone sections in hydrogen peroxide for about half an hour then scraped off the rest of the gunk from the bone. I put a piece of heat shrink tubing around the base of the beard to help keep it together and if I decide that this is the final design I'll epoxy it into the brass.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Here's a short clip of the kill. You can see where I hit him and tore up the breast.

And a new pic of the bird

CoryScreenShotofTurkey_zpsaf34af2a.jpg

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I love the last picture. I think this weekend I am going to call my old hunting buddy down in KY to catch up. Outside of the Northwoods I find KY to be a gem many overlook.

As for your turkey trophy, that is one good hook away from being a Musky lure. That is very cool. Keep adding spurs each year.

Scoe3202

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    Both videos are pretty awesome. That spur and beard necklace is really cool. I've never been hunting but look forward to making such things of my firsts and biggest, great clean way to remember the memories made.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I plan to make one for each bird I take. They're pretty easy to do, I only spent about an hour putting it together from start to finish.

Headed out tomorrow afternoon to put them to bed then up before sunrise Wednesday. I can't wait!!! If my buddy and I should both tag out early we may just head back down to KY and try to get the second bird on our tags down there.

Top Bottom