• ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I finally shot a Deagle! :rockwoot:

(only once. :D ...totally kept the spent casing, though!)

DeagleShoot.jpg

The question;

What would affect the edge of the primer like that?
    It's not exactly cratering, given that it's not at the primer's strike...
    But what is it? Is it possible that happened when it hit the ground?

DeagleBrass-1.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I got a 44 from my dad but I ended up trading it off. Thought about setting it up for deer but it would have cost way too much money. It would stovepipe badly on cheap ammo. The ammo has to be pretty hot to cycle it reliably.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    So, did the spent case come back and hit you in the head? It always seems that the D.E. ejects the cases straight back at you. First time I shot one, the case hit me dead center of my forehead.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So, did the spent case come back and hit you in the head? It always seems that the D.E. ejects the cases straight back at you. First time I shot one, the case hit me dead center of my forehead.

No, I had to look for it. It was way behind me and not far right. A lot farther away than I figured... I'd almost given up on finding it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Probably didn't think to look at it before you fired it, like it was already gouged or banged up? I can see that circle on the brass, but the damage to that primer is plain ugly, and there doesn't look like any of that on the brass.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Probably didn't think to look at it before you fired it, like it was already gouged or banged up? I can see that circle on the brass, but the damage to that primer is plain ugly, and there doesn't look like any of that on the brass.

No, I didn't look at it before. It was already loaded up in somebody else's gun. The chance to fire it was just opportunity presenting itself. I asked, they said yes, I shot it, I said "dang!"...then looked for the casing and asked if I could keep it (because they were saving them). :)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Obviously a pretty hot round from the way the primer has flowed and I'm sure caused by some small "divit" on the the bolt face.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Never have had the opportunity to shoot one but was at range when a guy was and the sound of it amazed me. I could hear it cycling the slide. Cannot begin to imagine what the springs in there are like to work with.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Never have had the opportunity to shoot one but was at range when a guy was and the sound of it amazed me. I could hear it cycling the slide. Cannot begin to imagine what the springs in there are like to work with.

They're actually very easy to take down and reassemble. Springs are stiff yes, but don't require much compression to service.

Top Bottom