• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Not really but at the midnight showing of Batman my wife kept saying "Idk why you brought it nothing is gonna happen at the movies". (Cc)

Bet your wife pulled a 180 after that whole mess.

Honey, if you want to take me to the movies, I'd feel much safer if you brought your .50 cal instead.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    While eating at a DQ once, my wife looked past me and said "You have trouble"....
    I didn't turn around, but asked what's up. She said a lady was talking to two sheriff deputies behind me and pointing at my belt line. After some minutes, she started giggling and I asked what had happened since I'm fairly deaf.
    The deputies had craned around, looked long and hard and told the lady "It looks like a S&W and not to worry since it was a good gun to carry."

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I ripped the chair rail off of a hallway leading to a gas station restroom once. Got some funny looks from the people eating in the subway or whatever fast food place was attached to it.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Last week I had my first issue ever while ccing. Had car accident in XX and as usual pretty much forgot I was cc until after all the preliminaries were taken care of with the leo on scene. Thank goodness there was not any reason for them to suspect that I might be armed and no one even raised any questions along those lines! After probably at least 45 mins. I finally calmed down from the excitment of the collsion ect. and very carefully and nonchallantly (after realizing where I was and that I was potentially in bigger trouble than I was already in) got into my vehicle and divested myself of my LCP! Other than the wreck being my fault and having to be towed away, I guess I got fairly lucky on that deal.

You may want to ask a mod to get rid of this post. You committed a felony and are broadcasting it on the interwebz:n00b:. I went ahead and changed the part of your post that lets everyone know you did that. However, you did find out probably the best reason to not carry in states that don't allow it. You have no control over the actions of others and getting in a wreck that would have caused serious injury and a hospital trip for you would have also gotten you found out and charged with a felony.

for my story...
    I was carrying at my fiances house, which isn't the most gun friendly place I frequent...I had my new Berretta px4 sub-compact IWB in a holster from comp-tac (Infidel). I guess the belt clip wasn't totally over my belt and I bumped into the wall rounding a corner and the gun and holster both fell out, luckily the gun stayed in the holster. No one around to see it, but after that I got a different holster for that gun.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Nothing too awkward but went to doctors office went through the check and he said so what are you carrying? I said Glock 19 he said I love mine....he is a big outdoorsman. Main reason he is my doctor. Then the nurse came in to give me a shot in my hip. Said "OH!!! IS THAT A GUN?" I said yes. She said oh....ok. Gave me the shot and that was all.

TargetIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I was heading home from the paintball field one day and got a call from my wife when I was a couple blocks from the house. She has this incredible knack for calling me when I'm minutes from home, so when she asked me where I was I replied with, "same place I always am when you call." She curtly replied she had no time for my snarky comments and went on to inform me that our two year-old son had taken a superman leap off the coffee table and knocked the ever-loving snot out of himself. Apparently he almost missed the couch and smacked his head on the front of the couch. He hit his head so hard that he immediately started puking and didn't stop for a good five minutes. Ergo, she wanted to know how far away I was so she could determine what to do with our other two children before heading off to the ER.

Since I was nearly home, I told her I'd take the boy to the ER. I quickened my pace and nearly parked the truck in the front yard. I grabbed the boy and the oldest daughter (with instructions to her to keep an eye on her brother and let me know if he started shaking).

Once we got to the hospital, they quickly determined a CAT scan was in order and that they needed a parent to help hold him in place. So, I went with him to radiology. As we were heading down the hall, I realized I still had my carry gun with me--a full size M&P 9mm. I had hoped that nobody would notice it lurking under my jacket.

No such luck.

The radiologist (or whatever you call them) came out with a leather vest and proceeded to put it on me. It was the kind of vest that wraps around your lower torso and ties to your side--right about where my gun was. Needless to say, she found my gun.

There was a long, awkward moment where our eyes locked and it was clear I'd been made. I spent the next ten minutes wondering if St. Vincent's security would come marching in and demand that I turn it over to them. Fortunately it never happened.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Too bad I wasn't taking pix one day when PD thought I was the bad guy. I was looking down the muzzles of six or seven handguns, all with safeties off, all with fingers on triggers, and several had the slack taken up. There were five or six more behind me doing the same thing.

Maybe one day, I'll elaborate on why my bud and I suddenly cracked up and laughed so hard we nearly peed our pants AND really got the LEO's even more ticked!
    9mm's look like 45's or bigger in cases like this.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I was heading home from the paintball field one day and got a call from my wife when I was a couple blocks from the house. She has this incredible knack for calling me when I'm minutes from home, so when she asked me where I was I replied with, "same place I always am when you call." She curtly replied she had no time for my snarky comments and went on to inform me that our two year-old son had taken a superman leap off the coffee table and knocked the ever-loving snot out of himself. Apparently he almost missed the couch and smacked his head on the front of the couch. He hit his head so hard that he immediately started puking and didn't stop for a good five minutes. Ergo, she wanted to know how far away I was so she could determine what to do with our other two children before heading off to the ER.

Since I was nearly home, I told her I'd take the boy to the ER. I quickened my pace and nearly parked the truck in the front yard. I grabbed the boy and the oldest daughter (with instructions to her to keep an eye on her brother and let me know if he started shaking).

Once we got to the hospital, they quickly determined a CAT scan was in order and that they needed a parent to help hold him in place. So, I went with him to radiology. As we were heading down the hall, I realized I still had my carry gun with me--a full size M&P 9mm. I had hoped that nobody would notice it lurking under my jacket.

No such luck.

The radiologist (or whatever you call them) came out with a leather vest and proceeded to put it on me. It was the kind of vest that wraps around your lower torso and ties to your side--right about where my gun was. Needless to say, she found my gun.

There was a long, awkward moment where our eyes locked and it was clear I'd been made. I spent the next ten minutes wondering if St. Vincent's security would come marching in and demand that I turn it over to them. Fortunately it never happened.

Be glad it wasn't an MRI..

dwickstrom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Unfortunately had to call security on a patients family member who was CCing until he took off his jacket and freaking out patients and visitors Didn't want to but he should of kept his jacket on.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Unfortunately had to call security on a patients family member who was CCing until he took off his jacket and freaking out patients and visitors Didn't want to but he should of kept his jacket on.

Does your hospital have a Jail? If not, what law was he breaking that you called security on him? :dunno:

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    This summer I was giving a lady friend a ride on the motorcycle and she askes, is this your phone? As she is grabbing my lcp lol

This reminds me of a time I was in Men's Wearhouse in Avon looking at shirts. I was chatting with the salesperson about what size to buy and he said he could take some measurements. I was only expecting him to measure neck, chest, and maybe arm length, but he briskly went on to measure waist as well.

The tape measure went over the 1911 I was CC'ing under my shirt, making a nice metallic clack when it touched the grip safety, and there was a long pause. I was sure I was about to hear "OMG! He's got a g-g-gun!".

Instead the clerk said "Sorry sir, didn't see your "cell phone" there." and went on taking measurements. He was smirking so I'm pretty sure he knew what it really was...that or he thought it was funny I was carrying a cell phone under my shirt.

Uh-oh. Now I've done it...started the whole "CC vs OC Cell Phone" debate again.

squish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    South Bend area
    Was at an Ortho Dr. in Louisville. I noticed the "No Beretta" sign on the door, and thought well since I'm not carrying a beretta I'm good to go. This was the first visit to this Dr., so I check in and finally get called back to the exam room. About 10 min later the doc walks in (a very attractive lady) and begins the exam on my shoulder. When I took my shirt off for the exam she had a full on view of my Walther. Her only response was ...."No worries Sir, I carry too".

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    This reminds me of a time I was in Men's Wearhouse in Avon looking at shirts. I was chatting with the salesperson about what size to buy and he said he could take some measurements. I was only expecting him to measure neck, chest, and maybe arm length, but he briskly went on to measure waist as well.

The tape measure went over the 1911 I was CC'ing under my shirt, making a nice metallic clack when it touched the grip safety, and there was a long pause. I was sure I was about to hear "OMG! He's got a g-g-gun!".

Instead the clerk said "Sorry sir, didn't see your "cell phone" there." and went on taking measurements. He was smirking so I'm pretty sure he knew what it really was...that or he thought it was funny I was carrying a cell phone under my shirt.

A GOOD (experienced) haberdasher has seen it all and should absolutely know better than to say anything. Many many many folks have clothes custom tailored and fitted to aid in the carrying and concealment of a firearm.

The issue becomes - is this a "new guy"...and how well has been been "trained"...

I contemplated wearing my gun when I bought my last suit. I declined, however, as I decided that I didn't want the extra expense and time to redo the belt loops to accommodate a gun belt.

Makes me wish I knew someone who worked at a "men's retailer" like Men's Warehouse / Jos. A. Bank / etc to just ask them how they handle it.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN

HA...I totally forgot I did the same thing at the same store. The guy measured my waist and noticed my gun and said, something about my "cell phone" being in the way.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Getting measured for a wedding at a Men's Warehouse. I was fully aware they were going to measure my waist but I also knew that most of them were "firearm friendly" or at least "firearm neutral"...

When the lady (maybe 20-24 years old) went to measure my waist I mentioned I was carrying a firearm and it might be best to measure the waist size inside of the firearm. That wasn't a problem, I lifted my shirt, she slid the tape between them and took the measurement. The awkward part was that the tape got stuck on the grip when she tried to remove it and she was kind of at a loss for words for a moment. She didn't want to announce to the whole store that I was carrying (which was actually quite respectful and polite of her) and she didn't want to touch the gun. So she said, "It uh... my uh... the measuring tape is stuck on your uh... the uh... your thing."

:D

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    Sometimes (even still) I'll have trouble getting into the passenger seat of a vehicle without banging my gun on the door jamb.
    It's because I carry on my right lower back.

Doesn't cause any damage. Just makes me look like a doofus.

brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sometimes (even still) I'll have trouble getting into the passenger seat of a vehicle without banging my gun on the door jamb.
    It's because I carry on my right lower back.

Doesn't cause any damage. Just makes me look like a doofus.

LOL.... I ride with a friend occasionally in his Corvette... as he carries as well, not a surprise to him, but the looks I get at 6' and 220 trying to squeeze my frame and my ruger into a seat designed for someone 1/4 my size makes for some funny looks while we are out and about.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Be glad it wasn't an MRI..

This was my first thought! IF you were across the room with a good belt and holster...I don't know. Still super risky. I've heard horror stories of those damn things pulling in oxygen tanks and chairs from the hallways if someone left the door open by mistake.

I was paying at a grocery store once and the young cashier girl was like "What's that!" It was actually a G17 in a super-tuck and my shirt had sort of worked its way up so it was obvious although normally pretty well hidden. I just looked at her and said "It's my liver dialysis machine." She went beet red, I rubbed my eyes while looking away so it looked like I was tearing up. I told my wife "I told you people would notice! and stormed off." It was only later that I realized my mistake (liver/kidney/whatever!) My family still hits me with that one once in awhile.

Top Bottom