• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    A man comes up to me inside the gas station while I am waiting in line. He asks me if I think I have enough knives on me and says that he just carries a gun, he don't **** around.

He must have been CCing cause I didn't see a gun.

But I was OCing a Glock 21 with dual mag pouches through the horizontal loop at 10:30ish. Don't know how he can confuse my Glock and mags for 3 knives LOL

I didn't even correct him, just smiled and said yea I think I'll be okay.

He was sketchy looking and I caught the clerk eyeing us as he said gun and **** for everyone to hear in line.

And that is the F bomb

The most awkward was when I took my younger sister and kid brother to the movies the other day. They know I OC and I threw a jacket on to go inside the theater. A posted GFZ.

Well there is a uniformed officer in earshot plus the ticket lady and all the people in line. And they are arguing back and fourth about the legality of my carrying a gun! I just said if you dont shut your mouths right now we are leaving. I am surprised nobody heard them. Or if they did they didn't care.

I have not taken the brother out anywhere since then. Don't know if I will any time soon. We were at McDonalds once and he talked about employees spitting in the food while we were at the counter in ear shot of the manager and other customers. He just can't shut his mouth about anything.

Last edited:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    My all time favorite. I was OC a Pm9 a few years back at Home Depot. Kid spots and stares as it as I'm in line. Dad looks at the kid and says "ohhh he's got a gun... He's scarrryyyy". I smiled at the kid and waved. Some people...

glad your "knives" were safe!

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    LOL I feel so awkward when stuff like that happens. Hey as long as it isn't a person running their mouth about how we shouldn't OC then it can be a good thing I suppose. OCers becoming more common and people feeling comfortable to crack jokes and talk to us.

But some things just shouldn't be said...

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just so you're clear, they do have the RIGHT. Whether or not doing so is wise is a different sentence.:dunno:

Open Conversationers are just looking for attention. Close Conversationers are just scared of what others will think.

Yes. I just created a new OC/CC topic. You are welcome, INGO, for your traffic shall flourish and ad revenues will sky rocket as the pros and cons of Open Conversation and Closed Conversation are bandied about endlessly.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Open Conversationers are just looking for attention. Close Conversationers are just scared of what others will think.

Yes. I just created a new OC/CC topic. You are welcome, INGO, for your traffic shall flourish and ad revenues will sky rocket as the pros and cons of Open Conversation and Closed Conversation are bandied about endlessly.

Wow, your quite a nice guy, thanks!

:rolleyes:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

If the CCers were as true to conversation as they were with carrying, we wouldn't have half the traffic on INGO. :D

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    If you OC then you really need to grow up. You wouldn't have these "awkward" encounters if you just covered it up! Quit begging for attention! :popcorn:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I agree that most of the time to OC is to invite unwanted attention. Thus I normally CC. But there are times I want to look nice and not have my shirt tail out, or a jacket on. I believe it is better to dress nice and OC, than to be a slob, sometimes. I also agree that there are those who OC so they can announce to the world, "Don't mess with me." However, to lump all people who OC into that category, is to act like the anti-gun crowd and be judgmental. Perhaps if people would OC more often, the masses would get use to it.

...of course, I can get judgmental as hell myself from time to time.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I agree that most of the time to OC is to invite unwanted attention. Thus I normally CC. But there are times I want to look nice and not have my shirt tail out, or a jacket on. I believe it is better to dress nice and OC, than to be a slob, sometimes. I also agree that there are those who OC so they can announce to the world, "Don't mess with me." However, to lump all people who OC into that category, is to act like the anti-gun crowd and be judgmental. Perhaps if people would OC more often, the masses would get use to it.

...of course, I can get judgmental as hell myself from time to time.

You lost me. You were against it before you were for it prior to being against it, but think it's useful so you're for it?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This is why I do not openly converse.

I use the power of interpretative dance when I am in public to communicate that way I am not an "ass clown" seeking attention but I am being highly tactical with the power of interpretative dance.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    You lost me. You were against it before you were for it prior to being against it, but think it's useful so you're for it?

Some people OC for the attention, true.

Some people OC, but they are not dieing for attention.

Don't lump both kinds of people in the same group.

If more people OCed it wouldn't matter, and those that want attention would have to do something else to get it.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Why on earth does the NRA not make PSA's advertising how common, safe, and reassuring it is to have armed civilians mixed in with the sheeple??? Seriously, the NRA never spends any of their money on ads that support open carry or concealed carry (the core of the 2A,
    "bearing arms"). Children should see these public service announcements during their cartoon time so that they don't freak out and stare at every MWAG. Likewise, they should advertise during the Kardashians, so that the sheeple get the message.

Top Bottom