• D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    You mean printcraft?

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Leggdpms

...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok. There's a member who expresses a serious thought in his sig line. Like, something I would never make fun of or demean.

But, there's a spelling error. It is a homophone problem. Spelled correctly, the word has a straightforward meaning. Spelled incorrectly, but sounding the same, it has a different legal meaning. The difference makes the serious statement an unintentionally funny one. Even with the error, the intent behind the statement is still obvious.

I don't know this member very well. I don't think we've ever had cross words, I know I don't harbor any ill will toward him. (I don't keep track of that kind of stuff.) If it were some members I interact with often, I would just pm him. But, since I don't know this guy very well, I'm not sure how to address it, or just leave it alone. Honestly, I'm not sure there are very many people who would notice the problem.

So, what's the INGO etiquette on this sort of thing?

It is your duty to report this user to the INGO moderator staff immediately...for official, um, review.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ah man, now I can't find the guy and his sig again! I'll send him a PM if I can figure it out.

(GP, if you remember the guy, or figure out who, can you PM the name?)

ETA:
    Using FF history, I figured out the thread I saw it and who I thought it was. I'm pretty sure he changed it. :)

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    To be honest, I've spent 45 non-consecutive minutes this morning trying to find it again. Maybe he saw this thread and resolved it?

Still digging through threads here and there. I thought he was mildly active in the politics subforum. Larger, bold line with a they're/their/there issue, if I remember correctly.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    To be honest, I've spent 45 non-consecutive minutes this morning trying to find it again. Maybe he saw this thread and resolved it?

Still digging through threads here and there. I thought he was mildly active in the politics subforum. Larger, bold line with a they're/their/there issue, if I remember correctly.

Hmmm... interesting... that's not the guy I saw.

This was a lesser issue. And I'm not talking landlord-tenant, either.

Top Bottom