Did it look like this:
    kungfuhustle_stills04.jpg

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    Sorry, don't see how this is political. If the anti-gunners shouldn't use tragedies to argue for gun control, then we pro-gunners shouldn't use them against gun control.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sorry, don't see how this is political. If the anti-gunners shouldn't use tragedies to argue for gun control, then we pro-gunners shouldn't use them against gun control.
    I don't think you"re understanding the point that's trying to be made here. The focus should not be about the instrument used to carry out such atrocities but the people behind the use. That is the point being made and the OP uses this story to convey that point.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I don't think you"re understanding the point that's trying to be made here. The focus should not be about the instrument used to carry out such atrocities but the people behind the use. That is the point being made and the OP uses this story to convey that point.

There are plenty of school knife attacks that qualify as mass murder in China, but this case doesn't meet the criteria. Nine (supposedly) blade wielding protesters were killed, while only two police were killed, so the title is a little misleading. Basically 9 guys with knives only killed 2 cops. Interesting story, but lookup the school attacks if you want a comparison to why gun laws won't stop mass murders.

Even Dailybeast (liberal MSM) compared Chima's school slayings to Sandy Hook: Not Just Sandy Hook: China?s Terrifying Knife Attacks

The problem is MENTAL HEALTH, not gun control.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    That is correct.

If people who are not opertunistic predators, get to the point where they feel they are oppressed no matter whether it is the bully at school, unfair management, the guy who won't stop eating his bacon sandwich from the fridge at work, the officer that him over evrytime he leaves his driveway, or the "just following orders" guy that is the hand of an oppressive government, and they feel they have no other recourse, no way to peacably seek Remedy, they snap.

I do not advocate violence as a solution, but sought to show that those who operate under an assumption that limiting arms will limit violence without addressing the underlying causes are operating under a premise of fiction.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

I'm sorry, are you trying to argue with a left wing extremist? :laugh:

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville

The point I'm trying to make is that every time there's a shooting and someone uses it as a case for gun control, we always say they're politicizing a tragedy and chastise them for it. OP is doing the exact same thing but the other way. I'd rather see pro-gunners like us be better than that.

Bogan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013

BS. What is the ratio of criminal knife attack casualties vs firearms casualties? Pick any country you want for knife homicides, and compare that to gun homicides in the US. Go on.

BTW, this isn't a left vs right red herring argument; it's reality vs myths.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    BS. What is the ratio of criminal knife attack casualties vs firearms casualties? Pick any country you want for knife homicides, and compare that to gun homicides in the US. Go on.

No, the point is that if you ban firearms people will still murder other people. Especially the people who still have guns. The overall violent crime in the US has been declining despite the recent psychopathic rampages and the deterioration of Chicago. Meanwhile, the number of guns has been increasing. It is a right vs left wing extremist argument because anytime a gun murder occurs the left wing nutjobs scream for gun bans. Yet anyone who defends themself with a gun is ignored. Anyone who kills or commits a violent crime with a different weapon is ignored. Your people made the rules.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

what do you mean calling BS? The OP clearly states the purpose of the thread. People will kill people with whatever is available to them. It's NOT ABOUT THE INSTRUMENT! That's what KG was reaffirming to your liberal partner in crime and you call BS.

Once again for the cheap seats. NOT ABOUT THE TOOL!!

Guns are better at killing people than knives. That's why I carry a gun and a knife. If knives were better for self defense, I wouldn't need a gun. So I'm sure gun deaths are higher than knives. Again though, not the point.

Top Bottom