• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    So, just out of curiosity I went looking for images of what I had posted. I bought what was represented to me as a hewing axe, but upon further review, back in the day it may have been referred to as a squaring axe. Which would easily explain the canted handle and one slab side.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A Norlund that still has original finish and handle
    View attachment 182109

View attachment 182112

I have a couple of Norlunds that originally looked just like these. The exception is that mine both came on boy scout length handles. Maybe the heads are a size bigger than these?

Bought them 30 years ago, about two weeks apart. Quickly learned the "one is none," when it came to axes/handles. I cannot imagine having any sort of truck without one of these stowed on board somewhere.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    So, just out of curiosity I went looking for images of what I had posted. I bought what was represented to me as a hewing axe, but upon further review, back in the day it may have been referred to as a squaring axe. Which would easily explain the canted handle and one slab side.
    I have always seen them refered to as hewing axes also.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I have a couple of Norlunds that originally looked just like these. The exception is that mine both came on boy scout length handles. Maybe the heads are a size bigger than these?

Bought them 30 years ago, about two weeks apart. Quickly learned the "one is none," when it came to axes/handles. I cannot imagine having any sort of truck without one of these stowed on board somewhere.

Yours probably are bigger (that's what she said) my Norlund axes are the smallest they made.

Top Bottom