• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm seriously considering a 9mm pistol but having a hard time deciding what to get, I want something compact that I could have in my car in case ever need. From my research rifle rounds in short barrels may not be the best to go due to loss of velocity and increase in muzzle blast, looking for what would best to own in long term for reliability and maintenance. So the two pistols on top of the list are the B&T GMH9 and the PTR 9CT what would you get?.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm waiting for the glock conversion to come out. Once that happens I'll buy one. These were on my radar before you could even find a YouTube video on them.
    I think tim with military arms channel (also an ingoer) was the first one to make a video on the brand

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Based on your description, is this going to be basically a trunk gun? If so, I think I'd look at the Scorpion for that role at roughly half the cost or close to it. If you're wanting something more "refined" then both of your stated options would be good choices.

I have a B&T APC9 and have shot a GHM9. To me the two are very similar in feel. I got the APC9 before the GHM9 was available and if I were buying for the first time now, I would get the GHM9 based on cost. Having said that I love my APC9. I like the looks better than the GHM9 although I can't put my finger on why. I just do.

I can't speak to the PTR as I've not handled one, but I do have an MP5 (custom build). If you plan on suppressing this gun, I would lean toward the PTR. The roller lock system is better /quieter / smoother IMO when suppressed although the APC9 isn't bad at all (didn't run the GHM9 suppressed).

If you end up leaning toward the GHM9, take a look at the GHM9 Compact too. 4.3" barrel vs 6.9"

Top Bottom