Baby Ariel Arrives! +100 Commuity Hospital Staff; -100 Doctor!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Congratulations! My daughter is fast approaching 4 months old...

St. Francis here in Greenwood was also very very very busy at the time of her delivery. It was between us and another woman who got the very last recovery room in the Maternity ward. We won by a few minutes. :-) Of course, we ended up with THE SMALLEST room in the ward. Seriously tiny. Made even smaller given that both my wife and I are 6'2"+. :-)

Again, congrats!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Pictocin is the drug your looking for, it failed to induce my girlfriend past 1.5cm for 2 days on the 1-2nd when my son was born via c section at community north this month.

mysonandi.jpg

pic taken by poormansmachinegun

Probably because it doesn't work when the woman's body isn't actually going into active labor. And contrary to physical signs the woman is exhibiting, 1.5cm most definitely AIN'T active labor. Unless she was admitted for medical reasons (and giving her two days to labor doesn't sound like she was), she should have been sent home to relax and let her body do its thing. You can now look forward to an increased risk of placental issues in future pregnancies as well as nothing but surgical deliveries unless she's strong enough to fight for a VBAC (assuming her uterine incision doesn't preclude a VBAC). Damn lazy doctors.

OP, if the doc is that much of a douche, you might consider that you were lucky not to have his presence in the delivery room. I've been in several births back when I was a doula where the docs treated childbirth as a medical condition and the mother as a patient who must submit to their every command. Considering that prior to the 1940s, most women gave birth at home and without a doctor present, the current paradigm that one is necessary makes me laugh. Particularly when you consider that the majority of hospital intervention actually increase the risk of adverse effects necessitating a doctor's experience and knowledge rather than prevent them.

Regardless, congrats on the birth of your daughter!!!!

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    welcome to fatherhood, nothing will ever be the same. It becomes difficult to run a schedule anymore, but the best of luck to you. Just go with the flow....

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Hey ... why didn't you name her "Leah" ???

BTW ... it's a well known secret that nurses do 90% (or more) of the work in any hospital department. They're there to run the floor and save the docs. :D

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    Probably because it doesn't work when the woman's body isn't actually going into active labor. And contrary to physical signs the woman is exhibiting, 1.5cm most definitely AIN'T active labor. Unless she was admitted for medical reasons (and giving her two days to labor doesn't sound like she was), she should have been sent home to relax and let her body do its thing. You can now look forward to an increased risk of placental issues in future pregnancies as well as nothing but surgical deliveries unless she's strong enough to fight for a VBAC (assuming her uterine incision doesn't preclude a VBAC). Damn lazy doctors.

OP, if the doc is that much of a douche, you might consider that you were lucky not to have his presence in the delivery room. I've been in several births back when I was a doula where the docs treated childbirth as a medical condition and the mother as a patient who must submit to their every command. Considering that prior to the 1940s, most women gave birth at home and without a doctor present, the current paradigm that one is necessary makes me laugh. Particularly when you consider that the majority of hospital intervention actually increase the risk of adverse effects necessitating a doctor's experience and knowledge rather than prevent them.

Regardless, congrats on the birth of your daughter!!!!
    Aiden, my son. Kortney my gf was having pre-eclampsya and was also losing amniotic fluid somehow, so they decided to induce her and save our son. After 2 days of no sleep and no expansion down there they went for c section. He was born via a scalpel and is doing great and so is she.

All the best,
    Don

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Congrats!!

We were all set to save the cord blood on our first child, but when he was born there wasn't enough blood in the cord to meet the minimum, so we couldn't do it.

We had asked the Dr about it at the time and he said he personally wouldn't worry about it. There is a national cord blood registry that has blood available and can typically meet the needs of who ever requests them for a match.

Our other 2 kids also did not have the cord blood saved, but there wasn't enough blood in the cord with them either.

Top Bottom