• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Woman, innocent or guilty as all get out? Verdict is stll out.
    Jailer, innocent or guilty as all get out? Verdict is stll out.
    Taser, innocent or guilty as all get out? Verdict is stll out.
    Unborn baby, INNOCENT.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    someone kindly research and tell us why this woman was in jail. people are in jail for a reason. really. as much as they say 'I DIDN"T DO IT' chances are they did it. just another leech on my paycheck.

Martin Luther King jr. spent some time in jail IIRC. Did he break the law of the day? Yep. Was it for a damn good reason? Yep.

Does it matter to you? :dunno:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    You are the new king of hyperbole and disinformation. Where the heck did you get the whole "put back in her cell and ignored long enough that there was a pool of blood when help arrived?"

The article states:

:n00b:

Shocking as it may be, news articles lie sometimes. He stated there was a "cover up" from an "inside source" so there is really no judgement call that can be made since none of us were actually there.

The real point I see is how quick people are to judge things that were not privvy too such as WHY this woman was in jail and the consequences thereof.

Bad situation? You bet. Does she deserve any of it? :dunno:

COULD it happen to one of our pregnant wives? You bet your ass.

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    You are the new king of hyperbole and disinformation. Where the heck did you get the whole "put back in her cell and ignored long enough that there was a pool of blood when help arrived?"

The article states:

:n00b:

I spoke with one of the jailers. The article is crap. Let's see where this investigation goes.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    She was in for parole violation. I don't care the reason, they couldn't find a better way to handle a 140lb woman other than tazing her?

At least she'll never have to work again. And it'll be on our dime.

Isn't there still a cap on how much someone can get from the state? For some reason I think there is a limit to the state's liability.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Isn't there still a cap on how much someone can get from the state? For some reason I think there is a limit to the state's liability.

She could file suit against the jailer that jumped/landed on her, the jailer that used the taser, the county, and probably the state.

But yes, I believe there is a cap on pay outs from the state itself.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    she was put back in her cell and ignored long enough that there was a pool of blood when help arrived.

Who is your source? I didn't see that information in the article. I have been accused recently of making explicit statements and presuming someone guilty until proven innocent so I'm holding you to the same standard.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    He said a jailer at the scene told him so.

So in keeping with INGO tradition I believe that as much as others believe another IMPD officer told me that "Jeff" was setting off alarms in order to film police when they responded.

My cynicism and experience with the criminal justice system (with people on both sides of the law) tells me that someone isn't going to just volunteer information about an incident that may result in terminations, lawsuits, or criminal charges to anyone that asks, especially if the person they volunteer it to is going to blab about it on the internet.

And I saw his reference after I posted, but my suspicion still stands.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    So in keeping with INGO tradition I believe that as much as others believe another IMPD officer told me that "Jeff" was setting off alarms in order to film police when they responded.

My cynicism and experience with the criminal justice system (with people on both sides of the law) tells me that someone isn't going to just volunteer information about an incident that may result in terminations, lawsuits, or criminal charges to anyone that asks, especially if the person they volunteer it to is going to blab about it on the internet.

And I saw his reference after I posted, but my suspicion still stands.

Understandable, I just was pointing out that he did (sort of) name his "source."

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    Or maybe the inmate that she (the pregnant woman) was fighting with was responsible for the death of the child? There could have been strikes or kicks given to the pregnant inmate that the jail staff didn't see?:dunno:

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    Herald Argus > News > Local > Tased inmate disputes sheriff?s office story

Follow up, confirming everything I had been told....

Facebook Post from her older sister.

Jessica Emerick
    Please view my group for my little sister who is being forced to miscarry her baby at 3 months in a cell with no bed and isn't even allowed to use the bathroom. After being mistakenly tazed in LaPorte County jail, he is being refused hospital treatment and any treatment at all and is being held in a cell with no bed even, on the floor with only a bucket to use as a restroom. She was tazed and it caused her to miscarry and nothing is being done. She is lying on the floor bleeding aned having full contractions and they still refuse to transfer her to the hospital for treatment. http://www.facebook.com/groups/372784772812013/
    about 2 weeks ago

Here's the hardened criminal's facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/leah.emerick.9

Last edited:
    Top Bottom