• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    +1 to the OP for having a heart. Sometimes a person just has to do what they believe is right. I would have done the same thing in this situation.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    +1 to the OP for having a heart. Sometimes a person just has to do what they believe is right. I would have done the same thing in this situation.

One woman I briefly dated for a while, before we started dating and first met, was telling me about her volunteering at Wildcare taking care of baby opossums. I was like :n00b: and right there knew she was someone to stay away from. A few months later she and I ended up dating her (long story involving my head not being in the right place when I lost my wife). As it turned out, she was as crazy as my first impression.

I fully support the rescue center's missions when it comes to species that are having a tough time of it because of man's negative influences, but got little patience for most of the folks I met there who would spend lots of time and effort nursing baby opossums but would ignore the suffering of innocent people around them, indeed some of them seem to revel in it. Want to be morally consistent then they should be helping out the roaches because those species too are just as important to the ecosystem and just as prolific. Oh yeah, they're not cute and fuzzy so it's ok.

Top Bottom