• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    OK All

So last fall at the 1500 I bought a couple guns from Midwest and the guy says to me, "You interested in a 45 S&W - I just had one come in. Police trade in - original box and papers- you can have it for $260" I say, "Lemme take a looksee" I inspect it - looks to be in great shape and one of the mags was never used. For $260 I can;t resist and take it home. Clean her up and take it to the range last fall. On the last 2-3 rounds from either mag almost always has a fail to feed or stovepipe. So over the winter I buy a new recoil spring for someting like $8 and drop it in. Today was my first time back to the range with it an what a difference! Flawless functioning and very smooth operation! I really like this thing and my 13 year old is darn good with it:rockwoot:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    OK All

So last fall at the 1500 I bought a couple guns from Midwest and the guy says to me, "You interested in a 45 S&W - I just had one come in. Police trade in - original box and papers- you can have it for $260" I say, "Lemme take a looksee" I inspect it - looks to be in great shape and one of the mags was never used. For $260 I can;t resist and take it home. Clean her up and take it to the range last fall. On the last 2-3 rounds from either mag almost always has a fail to feed or stovepipe. So over the winter I buy a new recoil spring for someting like $8 and drop it in. Today was my first time back to the range with it an what a difference! Flawless functioning and very smooth operation! I really like this thing and my 13 year old is darn good with it:rockwoot:

You stole it, Those SMITH & WESSON 4506, 4566, & 4516 were very accurate:rockwoot:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    You stole it, Those SMITH & WESSON 4506, 4566, & 4516 were very accurate:rockwoot:
    He did, that is a very good price. As for the accuracy, I've never had any luck but my friend is very accurate with his (I've only shot his so I'm not used to it).

The S&W designs were well built, the only drawback is a full dissasembly if you've never done one before or have seen one done.

But for those models you rarely ever need to fully take one apart and after the first time it's easy.

Anyway, glad an $8 part fixed everything for you :D:ar15:

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Smokin' deal! I thought I'd done pretty well on the 4586 LEA trade-in I bought from Kiesler's a few years back but you got yours for $65 less. Well done!

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    That might have been the steal of the show. I dont think I have ever seen one for under $300 and they are usually more in the $350 range. Sounds like its a keeper for sure.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    Man sweet deal on that! I sold a 5906 on here a few years ago for about that price, man I would like the .45 version. Glad its working well for you with such a cheap fix.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Pics or it didn't happen. :D

Seriously though that's a really good deal! I love the 3rd Gen Smith autos..wish I could find a deal like that!! :D

Top Bottom