• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Been traveling a lot to start 2016, but I've been able to get in the shop some here and there. The building of the new shop is at a stand still right now, but I should resume work on it later this week. Roof the forge area and run power are really all that is left.
    G10 getting shaped on these two.
    IMG_0989_large.jpg

Dark earth G10 and the grey etch looks pretty good together.
    IMG_0994_large.jpg

The current run of knives, ready for sheaths.
    IMG_1282_large.jpg

Boltaron fun! I can usually keep the holes lined up, but every now and again one just does it's own thing.
    IMG_1006_large.jpg

All the holes are drilled and the rough shape is cut. Time to sand them down a bit.
    IMG_1007_large.jpg

Shaping them goes pretty quick, cleaning up all the dust and mess from it takes longer.
    IMG_1008_large.jpg

Need to rivet them together yet, but they are coming along.
    IMG_1009_large.jpg

The next 3 to get made. A B.T.K. in O1 for an order, then a Slicer in O1 and L.U.K. in D2.
    IMG_1026_large.jpg

The dude abides.
    IMG_1040_large.jpg

These sheaths are done. The S.P.K. is rocking a tuck-able I.W.B. strut from Henry Holsters.
    IMG_1043_large.jpg

Neighbor gave me a handful of US Issue Mess Knives. These date from WW2 to the Korean War. Very cool score.
    IMG_1046_large.jpg

The Shop Knife Design in 1084/15N20. This design came from a failed No Name Knife, that I kept grinding down and messing with. Once I got it down to a shape I liked, I found myself using it quite a bit in the shop, so I made a pattern and made this one.
    No. 79, S.K.D. WIP Thread Here - Available Buy Here
    IMG_1052_large.jpg

No. 75, Damascus S.P.K. w/ Blue G10 scales and SS tubes. Henry Holster hardware on the sheath. WIP Thread Here
    IMG_1055_large.jpg

No. 79, Damascus No Name Knife, Koa scales. WIP Thread Here
    IMG_1056_large.jpg

The first of the Sleek Bushcraft Knife to be made. WIP Thread Here
    IMG_1057_large.jpg

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    You ever make any canister Damascus steel?

I have not. Once the new shop it done, I will have more room to experiment, plus i've got a year of classes and workshops as well to help me along.

I really like that last one.

Custom ordrer, that the buyer flaked out on. Finish gave me some problems, think it's time for a blasting cabinet.

Nice work! I'd like to add a damascus blade to my collection.

Books are open and some knives are available.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Custom ordrer, that the buyer flaked out on. Finish gave me some problems, think it's time for a blasting cabinet.

One reason I won't really do custom orders... plus I just don't have time. I barely have time to get into the shop at all as it is. That knife is cool, though, and different than your other models. It will sell fast anyway.

Blast cabinets are great. That and the cheap Harbor Freight 20 ton press are two things I didn't think I would use a whole lot, but I use the cabinet all the time and the press for everything (I don't know how I got along without it).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    One reason I won't really do custom orders... plus I just don't have time. I barely have time to get into the shop at all as it is. That knife is cool, though, and different than your other models. It will sell fast anyway.

My psychic abilities tell me that you are correct!

Of course, everything he makes sells quickly.

tocws2002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    KY
    I like the dark earth and gray, but that royal blue is striking. Think I like the shape on the 79 SKD out of the ones you posted. Took a look at your website (and bookmarked it), nice work and knives, look forward to seeing future work after you get the new shop setup.

-jb

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Where is my doggone cinnamon roll? Tease!!

zgu17.jpg

Yeah, that color really looks good when finished up, even if you aren't a fan of blue. With the damascus, it really is a stunning little knife. My three year old really likes it and keeps making me scroll back up to it. :laugh:

I wasn't sure when I laid it out, but i like how it turned out.

These ate good looking knives and I would be proud to own one. What is the price ranges?

jgknives.com has all the answers you seek.

Yes, the damascus is awesome, I liked the blue so much I forgot to comment on the blades. Really dig the damascus with those handles.

-jb

Thanks!

Top Bottom