• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobertaX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple
    Well with proper permits and training you can get explosives, it is highly restricted, but not BANNED. MGs are BANNED. They want to BAN semi-autos.

Only the transfer of new MGs to private citizens is "banned" and that's guns made since 1986. If you want to own a fully-automatic weapon, all you need is to find one for $$$ale, have a wheelbarrow full of money to buy it, plus all the ATF registration/background check paperwork, a $200 tax stamp, sign-off by the "Chief Law Enforcement Officer" where you live, and there you go. Any time you move, you have to file your new address with the Feds and (I think) the CLEO. There's only X-many pre-86 MGs out there, fewer every year.

Some fun, hey? And this is the kind of burden some proposals would lay on your AR-15, too.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Only the transfer of new MGs to private citizens is "banned" and that's guns made since 1986. If you want to own a fully-automatic weapon, all you need is to find one for $$$ale, have a wheelbarrow full of money to buy it, plus all the ATF registration/background check paperwork, a $200 tax stamp, sign-off by the "Chief Law Enforcement Officer" where you live, and there you go. Any time you move, you have to file your new address with the Feds and (I think) the CLEO. There's only X-many pre-86 MGs out there, fewer every year.

Some fun, hey? And this is the kind of burden some proposals would lay on your AR-15, too.

Yup, I know that whole schtick. I'd love to have a FA MG one day, but even if I won the lottery I doubt I could bring myself to fork over the $$$ to buy one. $200 to convert one, like pre 86 ban, I would do, but not 15k++ for an M16.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Well with proper permits and training you can get explosives, it is highly restricted, but not BANNED. MGs are BANNED. They want to BAN semi-autos.

Or they just want to create a database to track what guns you have, ammo you purchase and when you wipe your ***.

Okay, for the sake of clarity, I mean "Howr'ya doin' Fred, ya here to pick up the RPG and Claymores you ordered? Good, let me get them from behind the counter and I'll check you out" at the local hardware kind of legal access.

"Shall not be infringed." Even in the original, it's a period at the end of the sentence.

Oh, and for those who want to know why I might possibly need such things, the answer is easy. For whatever I damn well please, so long as that doesn't harm anyone or damage anyone else's property (whether publicly or privately held) without permission.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Yes, all background checks would be registered and backed up. Something that I believe they actually do already, now though they can say that "we do".
    It starts with encirclement, and ends with enslavement.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Nope. If your gun ever moved in interstate commerce -- or if it could affect it in any way (you selling your gun to someone means he won't buy a new one made in MA or MD, for example) -- then under Wickard v. Filburn, the Feds have a stake via the Commerce Clause.

Isn't that special?

Sadly, I lost all my guns except some very old revolvers in a terrible canoe accident recently. It's a real pity. I don't know why I had the assault weapon in there, or all the standard-capacity magazines, either.

Kind a narrow interpretation, isn't it? They upheld on the basis of the Govt purpose of maintaining an artificially inflated price per bushel to "protect" the Ag business. Somehow, I seriously doubt that .gov is going to attempt to protect the firearms market by curtailing their manufacture and maintaining a minimum price point.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    False choice. As background checks will lead to sweeping bans.

This is very true but the MSM has managed to convince a lot of "moderate" gun owners that this is just common sense. Right now I am much more concerned about the supposedly reasonable gun restrictions than any outright ban. I heard an older gentleman working the Walmart gun counter go on and on about reasonable gun control and compromise. He was saying the hard line gun owners, those who follow the NRA, are making this all way too difficult and they should come to the table and be willing to compromise.

That kind of thinking is what will sink us.

danil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Mishawaka
    I'd prefer to see ours states get together and provide a state, not federal system for this purpose. But could they pull together and make this happen collectively?

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    All purchases not on 4473 must be brought in and have 4473 run just to be sure. This is the veil hiding confiscation and I believe open (must not be spoken of). I have children, two of whom are watching the backyardigan's and I refuse to see them made into slaves.

Top Bottom