• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spyshot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Winchester/Union City
    have been having a blast this summer with simple backyard trap shooting with my buddies. i'm new to this and have been wondering why it took me so long to get into this?

anyway, looking for new "games" to play. right now we just play what we call elimination where you have one shot to hit the bird, if you miss and the next guy hits it, then you are out. if you hit your bird then you can stay in, unless there is a piece big enough for the next guy to hit. if he hits a piece, then you're out. and so on. of course if you dust all your shots you stay in. last guy standing wins.

any other games that you guys play to keep things fun?

thanks
    adam

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    You can always try starting from high or low ready or with an empty gun (just make sure to follow the 4 rules and stay safe). Something different, and more realistic to hunting situations.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I've flipped the piece protection game around and put 2 man teams on the line, on either side of the trap. The intent is for the first shooter to hit the bird but leave a large enough piece for the second to break. Each hit is a score. Teams rotate through 25 birds and the highest score wins. Often as not it turns into a game of chance, but there are also a lot of misses by the first shooter when they are trying to leave a piece.

Scroll through this list and you might run across some you can run with 1 trap.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    We do the same thing that the OP does. We call it piece of a piece. The Thanksgiving afternoon game can have as many as 10 of us on the line.

I1frkNQ.jpg

We also do something with teams where 1 guy has a 22 rifle and the other has a shotgun. You put a pop can on the ground and a pigeon in the thrower. The guy with the rifle shoots under the can and pops it up in the air. Shotgunner has to shoot the can. His first shot is the trigger to pull on the pigeon and then he has to transition from the can to the pigeon. 1 pt for the rifleman popping the can up in the air, 5 for the shotgunner hitting the can in the air, 10 for the pigeon. For every shot the rifleman takes before getting the can in the air, each of the 3 "stages" loses 2 possible points.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    We do the same thing that the OP does. We call it piece of a piece. The Thanksgiving afternoon game can have as many as 10 of us on the line.

I1frkNQ.jpg

We also do something with teams where 1 guy has a 22 rifle and the other has a shotgun. You put a pop can on the ground and a pigeon in the thrower. The guy with the rifle shoots under the can and pops it up in the air. Shotgunner has to shoot the can. His first shot is the trigger to pull on the pigeon and then he has to transition from the can to the pigeon. 1 pt for the rifleman popping the can up in the air, 5 for the shotgunner hitting the can in the air, 10 for the pigeon. For every shot the rifleman takes before getting the can in the air, each of the 3 "stages" loses 2 possible points.

Hooky, That looks like SUCH a good time you all are having in the picture. That is awesome!!!! a true Hoosier pass time. I see you are from Central Indiana. I am probably not too far from you. Anyway...great times and neat picture.:)

Top Bottom