• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I mostly use my saved bacon grease for wiping down the cast iron grates on my grill after brushing it. I save it religiously until I get about 3/4 of a coffee can's worth. I do wait to throw the old can out until I get at least 4 or 5 breakfasts worth of bacon grease accumulated in the new can. I never know when I might have a grilling emergency before I have enough "new" grease. :):

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    So My bladder wakes me up at 4:00 AM this morning. I hear a noise downstairs and I wonder what’s going on then I smell bacon. Did someone break in and cook my bacon before stealing it. Take the TV it leave the bacon is what I’m thinking.

When I open my bedroom door and look down the steps to the kitchen I see my 12 year old grandson. I ask him what’s going on and he says I couldn’t sleep so I’m cooking breakfast for everyone. I ask him how he’s cooking the bacon and he says in the microwave. I knew what was coming next when he said “Don’t worry Poppy I put paper towels on the plate to soak up the grease”

I couldn’t be mad at a kid that has a heart as big as Texas so I just told him to be careful, eat the bacon then go back to bed.

Anybody have any methods for extracting bacon grease from paper towels?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So My bladder wakes me up at 4:00 AM this morning. I hear a noise downstairs and I wonder what’s going on then I smell bacon. Did someone break in and cook my bacon before stealing it. Take the TV it leave the bacon is what I’m thinking.

When I open my bedroom door and look down the steps to the kitchen I see my 12 year old grandson. I ask him what’s going on and he says I couldn’t sleep so I’m cooking breakfast for everyone. I ask him how he’s cooking the bacon and he says in the microwave. I knew what was coming next when he said “Don’t worry Poppy I put paper towels on the plate to soak up the grease”

I couldn’t be mad at a kid that has a heart as big as Texas so I just told him to be careful, eat the bacon then go back to bed.

Anybody have any methods for extracting bacon grease from paper towels?

Chew it like bubble gum?

Irukanji

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    SW Indiana
    WOW, to be able to shoot and smell bacon cooking. I don't know if I could wipe the smile from my face!!!! Makes me want to crack and egg on that smoking hot suppressor!

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    When i make biscuits and gravy i always out a couple of spoonfuls of bacon grease in with the sausage. Im drooling while cooking it

Me too, makes the best sausage gravy.

I've used it with roast chicken and roast drippings for gravy too. I use it to coat the chicken and the turkey with a thin layerbefore roasting, too. Same with about any kind of roast a a thin layer coating of bacon grease first, then any spice rubs.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Got three big yellow squash sitting on the counter and forgot to take some buckboard bacon out of the freezer.
    Dang it.

deingy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Centerville
    I've done work at two Sugarcreek Packing facilities where they loaded multiple semi-tractor tankers at a time with bacon grease that was a bi-product. Boy, could you make a bunch of gravy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've done work at two Sugarcreek Packing facilities where they loaded multiple semi-tractor tankers at a time with bacon grease that was a bi-product. Boy, could you make a bunch of gravy.

Well, I've always found a 50-50 mix of flour to grease makes the best roux, so we'd need the equivalent number of truckloads of flour... And a really big wire whisk and a REALLY big pan and stove! :):

Top Bottom