• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JD31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    I did't know where to post this, so I hope that this is the place. I worry about the bacon obsessed here, and you're in my prayers each night!!! I am kidding of course, I'm sure your all good people. However, I heard a news story today that stated a bacon sandwich is better at curing a hangover, and getting you right in the head and stomach again than drinking coffee. In fact, coffee and Tylenol can be a dangerous combination according to the blurb on the radio, so for everyone's safety after a night on the town, I felt I should let you know.

Happy New Year!!!!

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bacon seen during a Hangover

baconitisalive.gif

:40oz::40oz::40oz::40oz::cheers:

WileECoyotee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Huntington.IN.
    I did't know where to post this, so I hope that this is the place. I worry about the bacon obsessed here, and you're in my prayers each night!!! I am kidding of course, I'm sure your all good people. However, I heard a news story today that stated a bacon sandwich is better at curing a hangover, and getting you right in the head and stomach again than drinking coffee. In fact, coffee and Tylenol can be a dangerous combination according to the blurb on the radio, so for everyone's safety after a night on the town, I felt I should let you know.

Happy New Year!!!!

Here you go : http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,581380,00.html

Bacon sandwich
    Theory: It is the hangover cure for many — its smell and taste often prove irresistible. Tradition has it that the bread soaks up the alcohol.
    Hangover rating: 5/5 A recent study at Newcastle University’s Center for Life confirmed that a bacon sandwich can indeed provide relief. “Bread doesn’t soak up alcohol but is high in carbohydrates that boost blood-sugar levels and speed up the metabolism, helping to get rid of alcohol quickly,” says researcher Elin Roberts. “Bingeing on alcohol depletes brain neurotransmitters but bacon, which is rich in protein, contains amino acids that top these up and make you feel better.”

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I don't know how people can stomach a cup of coffee on a hangover, there's no friggin way I could keep a bacon sandwich down.

Top Bottom