Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    UPDATE

12 Days Door to Door I have my upper back :D

Drum Roll Please.........

After all this it was NOT a stuck case or case part. It was the chamber that was messed up. They had to re-ream and polish it...all under warranty (nothing I or the ammo had done they couldn't really explain...probably just a defect).

They test fired it and claim it cycles fine now...we shall see hoping to get to the range over the weekend.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    UPDATE

12 Days Door to Door I have my upper back :D

Drum Roll Please.........

After all this it was NOT a stuck case or case part. It was the chamber that was messed up. They had to re-ream and polish it...all under warranty (nothing I or the ammo had done they couldn't really explain...probably just a defect).

They test fired it and claim it cycles fine now...we shall see hoping to get to the range over the weekend.

Wow. Didn't see that coming. I don't think I've seen a barrel with a mis-reamed chamber before.

GarandTeed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    I'm not sure I would be satisfied with this feedback from Rock River. I don't see how you can run a couple hundred rounds through, then develop a defect in the chamber itself and then be able to alleviate the problem with more machining.

If someone sees how this whole puzzle goes together with RRAs explanation, please share. I must have driven my parents nuts when I was a kid, because I still don't wanna stop asking why until I am completely satisfied:nuts:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Me too

I'm not sure I would be satisfied with this feedback from Rock River. I don't see how you can run a couple hundred rounds through, then develop a defect in the chamber itself and then be able to alleviate the problem with more machining.

If someone sees how this whole puzzle goes together with RRAs explanation, please share. I must have driven my parents nuts when I was a kid, because I still don't wanna stop asking why until I am completely satisfied:nuts:

I agree that this doesn't add up. Sounds to me like a new barrel would have been in order. I won't be surprised if there's another chapter to this book. Good luck.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side

Agreed, sounds kinda fishy.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Or the techs at RR were being nice, and just wrote it up this way because when they went to re-ream the chamber a small ring of metal from the end of a cartridge case came out and they didn't want "you" to get "reamed out."

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Maybe there is more to it...I only know what was written on the invoice.

I was prepared to pay to have it fixed if there was a ring or piece of metal stuck in it.

So regardless - their defect or my fault...its fixed (will confirm tomorrow), it only took 12 days and they didn't charge me. :D

My experience with RRA has been top notch so far.

Now if after another 200 rounds it does it again...that's a different story

Top Bottom