• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't remember who posted the "do you rally have the balls to pull the trigger" thread a few days ago, but it must have stuck in my head. I had the strangest dream lat night - one odd enough to still be in my head today.

I only really remember 2 "scenes" from it, so don't know how the whole thing started.

Scene #1
    Something happened that ended up with me standing between my wife/daughter and some stereotypical "thug". I don't remember what he looked like, other than he was definitely a thug-ish. He was armed with some sort of pistol down to his side, and must have been demanding my wallet. In the dream, I made the decision to turn my strong side slightly away and act like I was reaching for my wallet as I drew instead.

This part I remember clearly, like I was really there: both pistols came up at the same time, but his just went "click". I must have been imagining the safety on my P22 for his gun, and the hammer fell on the safety rather than the firing pin. His expression turned to shock, and then disappeared behind a cartooney, video-game style set of muzzle flashes from my gun. I think I woke up briefly at this point, because the dream ended there.....

Scene #2
    I slept pretty fitfully early this morning. Sometime during all of this the dream picked back up. We must have been on vacation during the this whole thing, because I remember being EXTREMELY worried about spending several days with only a partial magazine! No ammo shops around, I guess. Whatever it was made me paranoid enough to actually drop my magazine this morning and count the rounds. Weird stuff, I tell ya'. :n00b:

So, anyway...... Thanks INGO for getting in my head! For tonight, can someone post cheerleaders on trampolines, or something equally "pleasant"? I need some good sleep!

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    My daughter had a bad dream last night and woke up crying as well. I read her the lion king before going to bed. I even omitted the parts about the father lion dying. I think the pictures of the hyenas with their sharp teeth about to attack little Symba really scared her. (why is there always evil and death in all of the Disney stories, I digress)

I small cup of water and tucking back into bed is all you need...everything's going to be alright.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I small cup of water and tucking back into bed is all you need...everything's going to be alright.
    Thanks, man....

I tried to get my wife to take pity on me, but no dice :grabass:

By the direction of this thread, I should have posted in the Break Room.

Anywho... I thought it was interesting that in many common "nightmare" style dreams, the dreamer is pretty powerless to stop whatever is happening. Falling, drowning, etc.... I must be more afraid of being prepared (lack of ammo) than dealing with the threat.

warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    My daughter had a bad dream last night and woke up crying as well. I read her the lion king before going to bed. I even omitted the parts about the father lion dying. I think the pictures of the hyenas with their sharp teeth about to attack little Symba really scared her. (why is there always evil and death in all of the Disney stores, I digress)

Mine did too. I get off work at 1 am or later and last night around 2 I was drying off after my shower and heard something hit the floor so I yanked the bathroom door open and found out it was my daughter. She opened her door and when she saw me she latched on and wouldnt let go, when I asked her about her dream she said she wasnt going to tell me because it was too scary. My wife read her a book and off to bed she went.

Back to the OP after I got my LTCH I had dreams 3 days in a row that resulted in me shooting a BG for coming after my family. Im glad that is over with.

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    Ever have the dreams here the holster is too tight to draw your pistol, the trigger is too heavy to pull, or the rounds just bounce off the BG after you fire?

troy2198

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Valparaiso
    To the OP:

Step 1: Do what this guy did...

preparedness.jpg

No more I dont have enough ammo dreams after that!

Last edited:

aetucker1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    my buddy and i have the same dream. home intruder...shoot though an entire clip as the guy comes at you...not one freakin' bullet hits. dream over. epic fail.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I'm lucky to even get my guns to shoot in a dream. I usually get p-o'd, realize it's another stupid "gun won't shoot" dream, and wake up (mad) or change dreams.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'm lucky to even get my guns to shoot in a dream. I usually get p-o'd, realize it's another stupid "gun won't shoot" dream, and wake up (mad) or change dreams.

I've had a couple of those dreams recently too. In one I've been in a shoot-out situation. I've been able to move in fast-motion while the bad guys move in slow-motion. I got to shoot, but get a misfire. I tap, rack, and pull my glock a couple of times to no avail. All of this while the BG is SLOOOWWWLLLYYY pulling his gun.

After a few misfires, I field strip my pistol, find that I've installed the recoil spring backwards, fix that, and then reassemble. I reload my mag with the rounds I've ejected, rack the slide, and then pump the BG full of lead. Fortunately he's still raising his gun and hasn't gotten off a shot.

The other dream I've had is that I've been carrying my wifes snubbie, and it doesn't go boom when I need it to. I wrestle the BG to the ground, and shoot him with his own gun.

I think that's what lots of stress + house painting fumes + little sleep will do to you...

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    Man those dreams suck... I am always a beast in my dreams. Usually I am taking on zombies... gotta stop watching movies before I go to bed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Top Bottom