• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Took some basic trainees (11C mortarmen) to the M9 range when they used to do that and watched half of an M9 slide fly off downrange, wasn't really a bad experience for me though.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Hmmm... Most recently a wicked scope bite upon dispatching Bambi's mom, had a Stevens Savage pump gun purchased from a less than forthcoming member that was a Jammomatic, and had one of the.heritage revolvers back in the day with which I could not hit ****. Everyone else could drive tacks, just not me. So, like the scope bite, operator malfunction, not firearm fault.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Unpossible.

I've learned on INGO that guns do not fire unless triggers are pulled.:laugh:

We had an old Savage single shot 20 gauge, that the trigger system broke on without us know it. We were outside and my brother pulled the hammer back, went to raise the gun to his shoulder, and it went off. He didn't have the butt up to his shoulder yet, it hit him in the ribs. We were VERY lucky. That was the last Savage my dad allowed into the house (besides us 5 boys). :D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've had a couple of firearm failures but fortunately, nothing serious. The first was when I was really wanting a Bersa 380CC. For some reason, they were hard to find at that point in time but I found a used one for a decent price. The PO said it had a single mag through it and it looked like that was the case. It came with a spare mag and holster and was a pretty good deal. The first time I shot it, the disconnector spring came loose. That afternoon while cleaning it, the barrel pin fell out. I sent it off to the warranty center and they called back a week later and said they were sending me a new gun because they thought the barrel pin hole was not machined right. Could have been a bad experience but ended up a great one that made me like Bersa's that much more.

A while later, I was shooting reloads and one just did not feel right. I dropped the mag and cleared the chamber and then pulled the slide. There was a squib round stuck in the barrel. I was really close to pulling the trigger the next time but am glad I took the moment to check before doing so. The box of reloads I was shooting was left over from a previous trip that got rained out. Somehow, that round got wet in a way that allowed the primer to fire, but did not ignite the powder. I'm sure that it was not a reload that did not have powder in it since when it fired, a bunch of powder was blown back in my face (good thing I had eye protection on).

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I've read a lot of great reviews on the S&W Sigma series but haven't seen one shoot as intended in person. I've personally shot a sigma .40 and 9mm. Both had a severe FTE problem but S&W has great customer service so within 2 weeks they were back to their owners and they said they then **** fine.

Other problem was the first time I disassembled my Ruger p95. Little trap door inside the mag chamber came back up so putting the slide back on it jammed. Though I'd have to take it to a gun smith... Another reason I love YouTube. Fixed in under 3 minutes :)

moresigs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Elkhart
    A few weeks ago at my 12 year old son went to the range with me. He talked me into letting him shoot my Kimber. After 30 rounds or so he sets it down turns to me and says "dad the Kimber just blew up". I was standing a few feet from him watching where he was hitting the target, very proudly I must say. He had powder all over both his hands and the gun was jammed partially open. He was fine but said his cheek and hands stung.

Took me a good 45 min to get it stripped to find out that a weak casing had blown out the side. Checked the gun over and saw nothing damaged. Reassembled fired it a few times myself, went to put it away and he starts begging to fire it more. Made me proud he wanted right back in the saddle! After another 50 rounds or so and I finally get him pried off it by saying he could fire the 7mm.

Of course we get home he runs right out to play with friends and I go in and tell his mother. Tell her he is fine, but no she had to go find him look him over real good before she would relax. He does manage to tell her his shoulder hurt, but fails to tell her it was the rifle not the 45 blowing up that caused the pain.

Top Bottom