• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Also, Badger milk is supposed to be very good for you. I saw that in a movie. :>)

But who the heck is going to milk the Badger? If you do, please film the milking and post it on YouTube.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Years ago had one living in a field across from my house in Ft Wayne. He owned the field.

Got one in a small woods we hunt in Fulton County. He owns that woods.

Saw one off I69 yrs ago, overpass hill. I suspect he owned that hill.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Friend of mine in college actually had a "pet" badger. It lived in his backyard, dug in under the fence and would bristle at anything it didn't like. But it would regularly come up to him or I and burble like a baby. It was VERY small when he initially met it, wondered if it was just fresh from the sett. This was in Ohio.

One of my hidden talents: I can, through being around it for so long, fully vocalize most badger sounds. It and I would have "conversations", then "play" (mostly it tugging on my pants or, yes, sitting on my face burbling and looking proud of his achievement of tackling a human). Their regular cry is a growling-groan, then going up in pitch. Really weird sounding. Mostly hissing. When playing or "happy", it makes an oily bubbling sound, sort of like congested purring.

They are a VERY aggressive animal and not really tameable in the slightest. We would see it run off to a corner of the yard and dirt would literally fly, literally. 3 feet a minute in looser soil. Very amazing animals, liked earthworms and potatoes, lol. Would go nuts for strawberries.

Not an uber pettable animal: Felt like petting a soft bristle brush, but had a soft underside. Would scratch itself like a lazy human, sort of scratching it's belly slowly.

Sorry, tangent and a half. I love them: I see alot of myself in them and vice versa. They like to be left alone. :)

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Be advised, FYI/FWIW, badgers are "endangered" in Indiana.

DNR: Badger

+1 to this.
    They were driven to extinction like a lot of other awesome species in Indiana. I'm always glad to hear "possible" bear track stories, or growing stories of bobcat sightings around here, and even a cougar?? Things are looking up! Badgers are very cool creatures though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA8pxzawUGM&feature=fvwrel

By the way, the American badger is way cooler than the European counterpart..

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I can't believe that guy caught that badger! He seemed like a goof. I'm shocked he didn't get attacked and seriously injured! That badger was obviously between a rock and a hard place since they got between the animal and its den. I hope they released it.

Top Bottom