• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jndturner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    Noblesville, IN
    I also have been having a hard time getting into the Christmas Spirit. After serving at church yesterday for two services, and seeing others in the Christmas Spirit I am getting better. We are Indiana transplants so don’t have a lot of family near us. My brother moved to West Lafayette over the summer and is going to come down today, which will be the first Christmas we have seen each other in 15-20 years. I think that is helping some as well. We lost several family members this year which I think was weighing on me some. The Christmas Eve service helped get me into the right frame of mind, celebrating my Lord and Saviors birth and getting past the commercialization of the day.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Happy Christmas!
    The 3 grandsons will be over later this morning :woot:
    oh, both kids will be here for lunch too... :):

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Its improving... Both Sons were happy this morning. Headed to Church for free will offering lunch at noon...

Fireplace has been going since 5 this morning. Lisa Boothe looked pretty foxy in her Christmas PJ's on Fox this morning. :yesway:

Merry Christmas :ingo:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Humbug indeed!

I am have SSSOOOOO much fun replacing a wax seal on a toilet base on my day off.

Such a wonderful learning experience!

I do hope everyone is having a loving and safe Christmas!!! Me? I'm ok, I'm just venting.

Merry Christmas!

Doug

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, it wasn't the Christmas I would've wished for, but I did get to hear "Merry Christmas" and "I love you Papaw!" from 3 of the grandkids over the phone today, so that was a nice ending to the day. On my way to the hospital this morning, I saw a homeless man gathering up his blankets in the doorway where he had apparently taken shelter last night, and that kind of jolted me out of the pity party I had been having too. No matter what is going on in my and DoggyMama's lives right now we are still blessed. Merry Christmas everyone. Your kind words have also helped more than you can know. :ingo:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well, it wasn't the Christmas I would've wished for, but I did get to hear "Merry Christmas" and "I love you Papaw!" from 3 of the grandkids over the phone today, so that was a nice ending to the day. On my way to the hospital this morning, I saw a homeless man gathering up his blankets in the doorway where he had apparently taken shelter last night, and that kind of jolted me out of the pity party I had been having too. No matter what is going on in my and DoggyMama's lives right now we are still blessed. Merry Christmas everyone. Your kind words have also helped more than you can know. :ingo:

Hear Hear! Yes, we are better off relishing the small lights than complaining about the shadows. It took me a bit less than two (2) hours to do my first plumbing work, and while it was unpleasant to say the least I learned something and saved a bunch of money at the same time.

I also made several batches of candied pecans with different flavors, along with some Mexican rice pudding.

Trips to the hospital are never good, just way better than trips to the funeral home.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah,

Doug

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

From the darkness we find ourselves in there are still blessings even in there. Recognize them. The unconditional love of a grandchild. That is major.

You remain in our thoughts and prayers.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Add me to the list of people who spent xmas in the hospital. Mom went to the er at 5am. We are home now thankfully but not done fighting. I was all bah humbug until the phone call. That changed my mood. Suddenly I couldnt wait for Christmas with the family. Holy reality check.

Positive thoughts for mom much appreciated.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Add me to the list of people who spent xmas in the hospital. Mom went to the er at 5am. We are home now thankfully but not done fighting. I was all bah humbug until the phone call. That changed my mood. Suddenly I couldnt wait for Christmas with the family. Holy reality check.

Thoughts and prayers for your mom and your family bocefus! Glad to hear she's back home. :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Man I am so sorry to hear this.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Holy crap. I'm watching the Hallmark Channel. Is this what it feels like to be transgendered?? :runaway: Man, I need to go shootin'... That would brighten my mood. :)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Holy crap. I'm watching the Hallmark Channel. Is this what it feels like to be transgendered?? :runaway: Man, I need to go shootin'... That would brighten my mood. :)

Been shooting a couple times in the last couple of days, and I have to say it definitely got me into a better mind set. I highly recommend it.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.

I did go out shootin today... 100 rnds of roll-my-own 147gr HST pulls over 3.8gr of Autocomp. Not one failure. Brass sort of piled up just right of me. It helped the day...

Prayers all around.

:ingo:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Christmas just isn't Christmas anymore since my mom died several years ago.
    They talk about 'the glue that holds a family together,' she was it. She just loved holidays and birthdays.
    Quite frankly I enjoyed the 4 days off work better that the holiday.
    Bahhhhh.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Nothing says Xmas like Zombie Dust Ale and Mortiis blasting on headphones
    Screw that Bing Crosby stuff (fam just watched White Christmas............ritual)
    [video=youtube_share;dayHJPQCNgQ]https://youtu.be/dayHJPQCNgQ[/video]

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Hear Hear! Yes, we are better off relishing the small lights than complaining about the shadows. It took me a bit less than two (2) hours to do my first plumbing work, and while it was unpleasant to say the least I learned something and saved a bunch of money at the same time.

I also made several batches of candied pecans with different flavors, along with some Mexican rice pudding.

Trips to the hospital are never good, just way better than trips to the funeral home.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah,

Doug

I hope you washed your hands between the toilet and the goody making!:n00b:

:laugh:

Top Bottom