• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    More or less I'm getting back into guns after about a 10-12 year break.
    So thanks to sites like INGO, Armslist & others I'm finding more guns & once again filling up the gun safe.

Back then I remember the EAA imported Baikal 153 semi's & 133 pump guns were a sturdy shotgun at a decent price.
    Seemed like every gun shop had a few in their racks
    Even came close to buying a 133 once for a beater shotgun.

That was then, currently I've come across a couple Baikal MP-133 pumps for sale locally.
    Searching the interwebs for info I'm not finding much & suprised they are no longer offered new.
    So curious what the value of a clean MP-133 is anymore since completed listings on "GB" doesn't seem to have more than a few.

And...what became of the Baikal line?
    Buyers leary of Russian guns?
    Maybe figured if they sold that cheap it must be junk?

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    Thanks Sepe, I've been wandering around in "SGW" too, but hadn't seen much on the MP-133 pump actions.
    Good idea though....still reading posts here at INGO & will post on SGW later.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    And...what became of the Baikal line?

They were formerly imported by EAA (European American Armory), then by Remington (under the "Spartan" brand), and currently by USSG (US Sporting Goods). The semi-auto Baikal MP-153, side-by-side MP210/220, over/under MP-310 and single-shot MP-18 series are currently available, as are the MP-94 over/under combination guns.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Another thing about Baikals..........handle the one you want to buy.
    Stock dimensions can vary greatly......as in drop.
    The one I got I couldn't get down to where the rib was flat.
    It was rather proud, so I reshaped the comb and got it usable, looked OK.....I took maybe .50" off. It was close to a Rem 870 field stock in shape after rework, but occasionally I'd get bonked on the cheek with it (never my 870's, 1100's or other domestics).
    Since the shape of the stock was OK, I really couldn't take any more off and have it look right. The only alternative was to build a rack and hot oil the wrist and bend it. Costly for a shop to do it.

It fit another guy perfect and he had to have it. Mine was 26" and was a bit whippy. If it was a 28" and had a little more drop, I'd have kept it.

Buds shop has another 26" in, and the stock fits me fine. Go figure.

I've messed with 2 others that needed stock work to fit the average shooter.

On my old SPR 20 gauge I did the following (along with comb modification): yanked the auto safety. I don't need seatbelts that move or shotguns with safeties that click on after I open them. Sux when doing clays.

While "in there" I also redid the spring pockets as I could hear them "tink" when pulling the long trigger pull back. Sharp edge had them clicking the coils. Was a bit of a PITA to get them back in since I didn't remove the hammers.

It was an OK little gun after that. Shot to point of aim with even patterns.

They (over unders) have selective triggers, but not with a pin through the trigger or a side moving safety...........the trigger can be set to fire the other bbl first by pushing it fwd.
    You'll hear it click. Opening the gun puts the triggers in default firing order.

You can also turn the screws on the ejectors to make them extractors.

Kinda neat little guns for the $..............if it shoots where you point it and it fits, and it doesn't blow the choketubes out when you shoot it (customer got one, factory replaced it). Best bet then IMHO is to find a used one that fits, that you can pattern test before you buy.

The first shot at a bird with mine, 35 yard screamer too.

b6p6o.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom