• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunFreak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    I'm sure some of you remember back in the day when all the Bail/Bonds companies downtown typed gun permits for $5-$6. Saved a lot of hassle...

I was downtown today, and a few of them have a sign that they are processing online gun permits. Is this the permit only, or are they doing the L1 prints also?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    In Indy its a two part process. You have to go to the ISP's web site and fill out part of it there. When you are done with that it will give you a set of numbers. Write those down and then take it to the city/county bldg to get fingerprinted and pay the money.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    why isn't my county on the website???

Not every county has gotten online yet. They started with only two: Miami and Wells counties, sometime in or before October of 2008, and are now up to 30. Contact your local sheriff or PD (or both!) and ask when (not if) they're going online. My county ended up doing it about a week or so before my Lifetime arrived in the mail. (I'd applied on paper about 2 months earlier.)

Still... I'm keeping a map on my desktop of how many have gone online, and I'd sure love to see the whole state turn green.

Blessings,
    Bill

IndyGunFreak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    you should just get a lifetime then no more worries.....

I have my lifetime... I spend a fair amount of time helping new shooters, etc.. When they had to be typed I'd always tell them to just take them to a bondsmen to get typed. Much better than pulling their hair out trying to find a typewriter. It was well worth the $5-$10.

Thus the question about what the Bondsmen are doing saying they process online permits. Sounds like all they do is go to the website and fill in the information for you and submit it.

Top Bottom