• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    there are a lot of folks out there making bali's these days. benchmade still has some very nice ones. microtech is a option, cold steel makes some, i am not sure if spyderco does or not still, and there is a couple more solid options out there. check out bladefourms balisong subforum and there will be a ton of info for you.

Balisong / Butterfly Knife forum

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The Paradox looks like a turd, even by Cold Steel standards. Unfortunately, Benchmade discontinued the 42. The new model 53 is more of a work horse, with solid G-10 handles and a D2 flat ground blade. The Spyderfly's have been discontinued for quite a while. I really like mine, but they take some getting used to, due to their unconventional shape.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Unfortunately, Benchmade discontinued the 42.

Wait...what? WooHoo!! I got a discontinued model! Let's start the bidding at $250 :D;)

I kind of like the way the 53 looks, and I like the D2 blade more than the 440c of the 42.

Too bad they didn't combine the D2 blade of the 53 with the titanium handles of the 42.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    The Bradley Kimuras are great knives for the money.

^^^ THIS...For the money it would be hard to beat the Bradley Kimuras. BTW: Bradley knives is owned by the same person that owns MGE (Midwest Gun Exchange) in northern Indiana. They don't make any of their own knives, they are made by other companies with their name on it. The Kimura series of Balisongs are made by Kershaw and uses the sandvik 14C28N steel which is the same steel that is used in many of the Kershaw models. I saw some proto type Bradley Kimuras at the Blade show that are really cool. They have some wild colored G-10 inserts in the handles and even one with carbon fiber that was cool. They should be available pretty soon.

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Mr. Brad, as a BM man, what model balisongs do you have available and with what blade options?

I don't have any BM Balisongs currently in stock. Currently Benchmade makes 3 different models. The 32 Morpho which has a 3.25" blade in D2 and the 51 Morpho which has a 4.25" blade with D2. Both of these models have machined and skeletonized G-10 handles (black) with 6AL-4V titanium blue anodized jeweled liners. The third model is a 53 Mangus, it has 3.15" blade that is D2 and the handles are contoured and textured green G-10. I would be willing to order anything that you would be interested in, just PM me.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    Has anyone messed with any of the Bear and Son ones? I got a cheap one from the Firework/Knife/Sword/Adult Novelty/Junk store in town, and it is fun to mess with. I was thinking about maybe getting a better quality one, but don't want to spend a buttload.

Top Bottom