• ...and so much more!
  • Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    I use CLP, as it is easy to procure. Ballistol is on my cleaning bench and used as well, yet not as much. The nice thing about these products is a little goes a long way. I guess it is odd but I still use Hoppe's #9, as I love the smell. The shooters cologne as my wife says.

AMMO USER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    I tried aero kroil on my mosin m44 and the smell is awful, maybe even bad for you. A week later and it still the smell is very strong in my gun cabinet.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I tried aero kroil on my mosin m44 and the smell is awful, maybe even bad for you. A week later and it still the smell is very strong in my gun cabinet.

Why do you think that it might be bad for you? I actually like the smell and use it at work and in the garage. I am wondering why the OP in only looking to choose between 2 products when there are so many out there. There are many reviews and articles out there on gun care products.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Put me down as a traditionalist not at all enamored with these all-in-one "cleaner-lubricant-protectants."
    Good old Hoppe's #9 for bore cleaning and either one of the all-in-one for some lube and rust protection, or (prefer) Lucas for lube on my blued guns, RIG Stainless for my stainless autoloader carry gun, and Birchwood Casey Barricade for rust protection for all guns.

Same here. Man, the smell of Hoppe`s #9...it brings back so many memories, and takes me back to a time...

I started squirrel hunting, on my own when I was 17. Bought my very first ever shotgun, a Winchester 1200, from the place I worked, EmRoe sporting goods, downtown. I had no mentor, but had a subscription to Outdoor Life. I hunted 2 seasons before I bagged my first ever squirrel, a fat fox squirrel. Tasted like Manna from Heaven. But yeah, that Hoppe`s #9 smell, just love it. It si the smell of hunting to me.

AMMO USER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    I felt like it was rough breathing it, probably just me.. I do like hoppes#9, and the smell too, its what Ive always used.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town

I'll bet that handling and breathing the fumes from any of the common cleaning/lube products is bad for you. So is breathing in all of the smoke and lead from shooting. Good ventilation helps.

Top Bottom