• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    I was out of town for a work event last week, they held an event at the local MLB park. While we were they they gave us a bunch of free crap, including the infamous collapsible selfie stick.

The next day, they had a game and we came back to watch em (not work sponsored but hey, what else are you going to do while in town).

As we approached I saw they were walking everyone through metal detectors and patting people down and such. Greeeat, about to lose my pocket knife (it's black, and tacticool, and big and scary).

After walking through the scanner of shame they gave me the complimentary rub down, found the selfie stick and proceeded to tell me it was a weapon and not allowed in the Park. The Knife made it right through (felt it best not to volunteer it), and had I been carrying in an ankle holster, appendix holster, under the arm holster, or even a rifle slung down my back their barely able to touch the pockets of people who set off the alarm method wouldn't have caught it. But hey, whatever makes the muggles feel safe, maybe the guy doing to rub downs just wanted a new selfie stick :dunno:

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    I think I would have said something like this....weapon??? Never thought of that......I've been using it to scratch the scabs on my privates!!! Then with a nod and a wink said....you might want to wash that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So wait, let me get this straight? They gave you a selfie stick on day 1, then on day 2 confiscated it because it was a weapon? That is marketing genius.

They give you swag and make you feel awesome. Then they take the useless swag from you, allowing them to give it to somebody else next week so they feel loved. GENIUS!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So wait, let me get this straight? They gave you a selfie stick on day 1, then on day 2 confiscated it because it was a weapon? That is marketing genius.

They give you swag and make you feel awesome. Then they take the useless swag from you, allowing them to give it to somebody else next week so they feel loved. GENIUS!

That's what I got out of it also!:rockwoot:

Top Bottom