• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodro29

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I recent started with a new bank and to my surprise they had a sign up for no firearms. But the last two banks I have been at have not had an issue. Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe I just need to change banks again!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    There are tons of threads on this here. Most name the banks and their policy. It's worth the time to track them down just to see who does what in case you decide to change.

I do remember others saying that PNC doesn't have these signs. Coincidently they are fee free for my USAA account. Not sure if the banks are related or not. Unfortunately there isn't one close.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    To be honest, you aren't going to find many banks who are open to cc, but they're out there. I'm pretty sure mine is but I'd change if it ecame an a
    issue. Just remember it isn't against the law to carry in one,its just against the law not to leave if they tell you to because that's trespassing.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    To be honest, you aren't going to find many banks who are open to cc, but they're out there. I'm pretty sure mine is but I'd change if it ecame an a
    issue. Just remember it isn't against the law to carry in one,its just against the law not to leave if they tell you to because that's trespassing.

Agreed, not against the law, but doing business with places like that is like thanking the guy who just robbed you and kicked your a$$, then coming back to him the next week so he can do it again.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I have never seen a sign in a Credit Union before, but then again I haven't ever seen a gunbuster sign at a bank in Evansville. ALL the banks in KY have them, even PNC as one poster mentioned but it seems to be a KY bank thing. Some of their signs even boldly state that it is illegal to carry there- not true even in KY to my knowledge.

I OC from time to time in my credit union and have never had a problem.

indycruzr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Indy Westside
    Forum Credit Union on west 71st Street in Indy last Friday held a customer appreciation day. I joined in by OC into the branch pass the tables of give aways with assistant managers to cash a couple of checks. No "gun buster" signs, no issues, no stares, just thank you and have a nice day. Oh the cookies they gave away were awesome, too!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    There are tons of threads on this here. Most name the banks and their policy. It's worth the time to track them down just to see who does what in case you decide to change.

I do remember others saying that PNC doesn't have these signs. Coincidently they are fee free for my USAA account. Not sure if the banks are related or not. Unfortunately there isn't one close.
    And even that might not get you the information you seek. Well documented examples of different policies amongst the different branches of the same parent bank.

But it's CC. They won't know unless you show.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Excuse me Mr. Bank Robber, you can't come in here... didn't you see our sign?

You must have not been paying attention since about the '20s. Bank robbers are just an expense of doing business to banks, what the banks REALLY fear are lawsuits from injured parties if somoeone decides to shoot it out with a bank robber.

A "Note Job" bandit will usually take from a few hundred to at most a few thousand dollars per bank, "Take Over" robberies can get into the 10s of thousands pretty easily, but let a stray round from an armed citizen strike an innocent and the amounts could be in the millions.

Despite common thought the money stolen during a robbery is covered by insurance the banks carry, NOT the FDIC which only covers YOUR money if the bank goes belly up and does not have the funds to reimburse all of its members.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    I'd find a new bank, unless they were willing to provide an armed guard for you to and from where you need to go should you ever need to withdraw or deposit larger amounts of money.

Top Bottom