• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I may not agree with their policies but I'm not giving up all my accumulated cruise reward points! Maybe after redemption, I'll reconsider. :)

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    DO they have regular bank accounts and credit cards? If they do, I say INGO gets one each, and if you are declined a purchase from a LGS, go to BoA and cut the card in front of them.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    DO they have regular bank accounts and credit cards? If they do, I say INGO gets one each, and if you are declined a purchase from a LGS, go to BoA and cut the card in front of them.

Lol. So you'd walk in to a branch, brandish some scissors and make you're point to a staff of tellers, personal bankers and managers. I see two flaws in this... 1. There aren't many if any BOA branches in Indiana 2. The branch staff won't give a rats... well you get the point. They don't make the policy and your stunt wouldn't make it up the chain high enough to make a difference.

Most banks don't make their big money on retail branches anyway. Its on the corporate and investment side of things. The retail arm of most large banks is only there for PR and to serve as a first point of contact for potential high dollar clients. This is why so many banks have done away with "Free Checking" the reality is that it takes almost 2 years to break even on the average "Free Checking" account. Now that's faster if the checking account got you in the door and now you have a loan and a credit card, which is the whole point of free checking to begin with. But the problem the banks are having with free accounts isn't about balances or the cost of statements and online banking servers, it's about labor costs. Banks like any for profit retail operation want their people to sell, but when your bank offers 'free checking' they are limiting their employees ability to sell. I just left a large bank about three weeks ago for a career change. No hard feelings, it was a great company and they still have all my accounts and loans. But what we learned at that big bank was that we were spending 50% of our customer service time dealing with clients who we were already losing money on... "Free Checking" customers with less than $500 in their accounts. We spent more man hours servicing customers who were already costing us hundreds and thousands of dollars a week... the solution... dump them. But the banks can't just close a large number of accounts for no reason, that'd be suicide. So they slowly change their products and force those customers out the door... sorry for the rant. It's late and that came out of left field. :soapbox:

Top Bottom