• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    We have few rules here. That said, all of our rules really only boil down to one simple rule, that being "don't be a jerk". We have spelled-out and specified jerk-like behavior that we don't want here, but really one has to simply refrain from being a jerk. If you come here and act like a jerk, disciplinary action will probably be taken, up to and including being banned from this site. We joke about the "banhammer" for sure, but it's nothing more than kidding. I don't want to EVER ban someone, but people that want to come here and act like jerks, or non-adults, bring nothing but negativity to this site and we do not want that here. As is the case with any large groups of people, you are going to have personalities/opinions that don't quite mesh. 99% of the time, the two parties agree to disagree but sometimes they degenerate into violations of the rules. This is where disciplinary action comes into play. One important thing to remember is that this is the internet and should be treated as such. If you violate a rule and earn an infraction, oh well, it's not a big deal, just a reminder to follow the rules here. The cops aren't gonna come get you and you don't have to pay a fine. Just take it with a grain of salt and learn from it. Simple as that.

Addressing the "shooter" and "banned" user title, we decided to change it so as not to distract from the content of the posts from a particular user. Some banned members were, at one time, productive members of this site with much to share. Showing them as "banned" detracted from the content of their posts and may have diminished the value of otherwise useful information. It was changed to "shooter" to be a subtle difference from the other standard user titles and keep with the spirit of those. I personally don't ever want anyone else to earn the title of "shooter"...:twocents: :ingo:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Addressing the "shooter" and "banned" user title, we decided to change it so as not to distract from the content of the posts from a particular user. Some banned members were, at one time, productive members of this site with much to share. Showing them as "banned" detracted from the content of their posts and may have diminished the value of otherwise useful information. It was changed to "shooter" to be a subtle difference from the other standard user titles and keep with the spirit of those. I personally don't ever want anyone else to earn the title of "shooter"...:twocents: :ingo:

AH! I see! Thanks for the expo, I just thought it was a potential bug due to the change. :yesway: :ingo:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Reps given for the low sleep slam dunk!

As for the question about banning. It takes alot and you get alot of warnings. The only exception is spamming. Other than that, you gotta work at it. And most of the banned users are the shell accounts of people who tried to sneak in after a ban.

The no-no's are in the FAQs, and most people never find out even what a warning looks like.

Hey I got a warning for an Avatar...

Got a lot mor Rep points from members though... Hmmm... I may have to dig that one back out for more rep... ;)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Referring to a group of people by an article of clothing will get you a warning, even if you're referring to a group of people who have attempted to kill you.

Except "baggy pants." That one seems kosher for some reason.

I think some of us have earned the right to refer to some in those ways. They have been trying to kill me for over 10 years of my life... ;)

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    I think some of us have earned the right to refer to some in those ways. They have been trying to kill me for over 10 years of my life... ;)

i didnt see too many wearing the clothing-article-that-shall-not-be-mentioned where i was at. we came up with our own monikers though. pm me for details.

Top Bottom