DbBYL7PU8AAMw5t.jpg:large

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Godspeed, indeed. A good woman who put up with a lot of crap with great dignity. Supported her husband with wisdom and good counsel. A decent man with a strong woman behind him is easily twice the man he would be without her.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter mourn passing of Barbara Bush

“Rosalynn and I are saddened by the death of Barbara Bush,” the couple said In a statement released by the Carter Center not long after the news of the 92-year-old Bush’s passing in Houston “She touched the hearts of millions with her warmth, generosity, and keen wit. The matriarch of a family dedicated to serving, she urged volunteerism as a way for all citizens to participate in our nation’s progress. Through her own work to promote literacy as a value in every American home, countless families now have the knowledge and skills they need to thrive in all aspects of their lives. She will be missed.”

Jeb Bush:

Columba and I join every member of the Bush family in offering our sincere gratitude for the outpouring of love and support for my Mom in recent days, and throughout her remarkable life. I’m exceptionally privileged to be the son of George Bush and the exceptionally gracious, gregarious, fun, funny, loving, tough, smart, graceful woman who was the force of nature known as Barbara Bush. Thank you for your prayers, and we look forward to celebrating and honoring her life and contributions to our family and great nation in the coming days.

Bill Clinton:

Barbara Bush was a remarkable woman. She had grit & grace, brains & beauty. She was fierce & feisty in support of her family & friends, her country & her causes. She showed us what an honest, vibrant, full life looks like. Hillary and I mourn her passing and bless her memory.

Barack Obama:

DbBqSoCVwAAULO_.jpg:large

Al Gore:

Former First Lady Barbara Bush was a pillar of strength for her family and was much admired in our country. Both the wife and the mother of a U.S. President, she will be remembered for her service, pragmatism, and strong, kind spirit.

Mitt Romney:

Barbara raised a family of service & character, stood by her beloved husband in the best & worst of times, and spoke her convictions with courage & passion. The great First Lady of our times. Ann and I will profoundly miss her friendship, her compassion, & the twinkle of her eye.

Donald Trump:

DbCA8L9X0AAFA6o.jpg:small

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    As a widower I know a bit of the pain he (GHW Bush) is feeling. It's been eight years and she is still on my mind, and in my heart. +70 years together, what a blessing to have had each other for that long a time. I know he is hurting.

They have had a wonderful life. A long blessed one together. I will pray an extra prayer for GHW. As othesr have said he is going to have a hard time dealing with this. The wind has been taken away from his sails.

Top Bottom