• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zcsmith464

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Noblesville
    I realize there was a previous thread regarding this gun shop however, that thread was over a year old.

What has been your experience with these guys? I was in there last week and found them to be only moderately friendly. In addition, their prices seems to be through the roof, at best prices on handguns were $50 - $100 above "market prices." I figured after they had gotten established their prices would come down a little bit. I also realize they essentially are the only shop in Noblesville, aside of going out to Fishers, but has anyone had much experience with these guys.

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Good post, you beat me to it! I would like to know more info too. I actually didn't know about them until I heard a commercial for them on the radio....Are they just a shop or do they have a range as well?

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    I realize there was a previous thread regarding this gun shop however, that thread was over a year old.

What has been your experience with these guys? I was in there last week and found them to be only moderately friendly. In addition, their prices seems to be through the roof, at best prices on handguns were $50 - $100 above "market prices." I figured after they had gotten established their prices would come down a little bit. I also realize they essentially are the only shop in Noblesville, aside of going out to Fishers, but has anyone had much experience with these guys.

This sums up my opinion of them pretty well. Been in 4 times, was only spoken to 1 of those. Never seen anything in the place I thought was a "good" price and some of the information I'd heard being passed to other patrons turned me away from the place.

AFAIK, they don't have a range.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave

Been in there several times. Same as above^^^

I DID buy a 'Butt Plug' for one of my Glocks--It was only 30% higher than On Line--So I guess a deal???..Bill.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    All of their prices are at MSRP. It's the closest shop to where I live and I never go there. Selection is only ok on most items. Also, it bugs me to no end that it is spelled "Bare" instead of "Bear" in their name. I don't get it.

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    For them being the only gun shop in Noblesville then they can set their prices a little higher. In the retail business there is an MSRP ( Manufactured Suggested Retail Price ) there are also two other prices that the Manufacturer sets. Its the highest price you can put on their product and the lowest price so there is no under cutting other sellers of the product. If your the only shop in a city or town then you can get away with setting your firearms at the higher price. Eventually it will come back to bite you. Here in Lafayette we have quite a few places that sell guns. I know one shop that sells Glocks higher then another and the owner told me that the other shop will go out of business if they keep selling the Glocks at that low of price and their still in business. If you have friendly people and great service, then that little extra cost means nothing to most buyers. I work in the gun department at Rural king and I am friendly with everyone. I dont talk about or down to people that dont know as much as I do. Friendlyness goes along way.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I've went in a few times, as our office is in N-ville. Like others have stated, moderately friendly to being ignored, suspect advice, high prices relative to other shops and not much of a reason given to return.

I'll never understand the whole "only shop in town" argument. It's not like there aren't any other shops within 15-20 minutes.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I have had good experiences with Bare Arms. I have been in several times just for research and question asking. Each time, when the shop is not crowded with people, the staff has taken the time to give me thoughts and alternatives to what I was trying to accomplish. I agree, the prices are high. I have watched as the staff assisted a woman with a selection problem. They were patient, non pushy and seemed to have her best interests in mind. The shop is limited with selection... I hope to see this change as he grows this new business. There is free coffee and a place to sit down and have a conversation. I would use this shop more if he loosened up his high price for transfers. But, it is his business and I understand his desire to keep a tight hold on his FFL number.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I've been in a handful of times. The only things I bought were a box each of 223 and 556 last year around Thanksgiving when it was on sale. Was told I should *not* put 556 through my new Mini-14 Ranch because the barrel was marked 223. This is true, but it's marked 223 Caliber, NOT 223 Remington... plus the Ruger website clearly has this rifle advertised as being able to shoot both rounds.

If I've been back since, I don't recall the visit. It's nice to have a shop so close, but their prices aren't competitive enough for me to go back... quite happy to take a bit of a road trip to other sides of town for better deals.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Ive been in quite a few times and had good experience with the staff. The owner Don is a good guy, especially when he gets to know you. There is a lot of retired law enforcement that go in drink coffee and hang out. They seem to lean towards more special order and law sales. He does do class 3 stuff and has about a dozen suppressors for sale, that is where i got my 22 suppressor.

by the way yesterday they had 8 cases of .22lr remington ammo (2500)rds that they were selling for $275

jdgdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    I've been In a few times. Same experience most have already posted, got a hello how you doing and that was about it. Will still check them out when I am looking for something, mainly because it is the closest store.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Ive been in quite a few times and had good experience with the staff. The owner Don is a good guy, especially when he gets to know you. There is a lot of retired law enforcement that go in drink coffee and hang out. They seem to lean towards more special order and law sales. He does do class 3 stuff and has about a dozen suppressors for sale, that is where i got my 22 suppressor.

by the way yesterday they had 8 cases of .22lr remington ammo (2500)rds that they were selling for $275

$55/500 rounds isn't my idea of a good price, but that seems to be typical of what I've seen.

BoomstickBuff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Noblesville
    I have found the folks at Bare Arns to be very friendly. I actually ran into Don at the Noblesville Lowes and he recognized me and said hello - which was interesting since I'm not in the shop that often. I would agree that their sticker prices are a bit high, but I've also found they are willing to negotiate. I'm not saying they are perfect, but I'm glad they are in here in Noblesville.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Prices are very high there, but, i did take my first 1911 there and he had a guy there who took it all apart with me, cleaned it, educated me on everything, took about an hour with me to answer all questions, instruct on cleaning and everything, very very impressed, but yes their prices are very high, their' only competition is gander mountain, who also has very high prices, I did see a glock 23 at KS and E sports on pendleton pike for $490 new, really good price, really nice guy, very small selection, best ammo prices on .223 i think.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Prices are very high there, but, i did take my first 1911 there and he had a guy there who took it all apart with me, cleaned it, educated me on everything, took about an hour with me to answer all questions, instruct on cleaning and everything, very very impressed, but yes their prices are very high, their' only competition is gander mountain, who also has very high prices, I did see a glock 23 at KS and E sports on pendleton pike for $490 new, really good price, really nice guy, very small selection, best ammo prices on .223 i think.
    False. I live 7 minutes from Bare Arms. I drive to Beech Grove Firearms instead. Saving $110 on my Ruger SR9c was definitely worth it. Since then, I have purchased 2 more guns from BGF. They have top notch people, selection and pricing. The range isn't too shabby either.

Top Bottom