• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    ...but yes their prices are very high, their' only competition is gander mountain, who also has very high prices, ...

Check out M and J Firearms on Main Street, Fortville. I've found their pricing to be competitive and the staff friendly and knowledgeable.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    What really got me was when the owner went on Wish Tv and said how he supported universal background checks for all firearm transactions. I have bought 2 firearms from them when they first opened and just get this elitist attitude whenever I am there...if you aren't law enforcement you really aren't wanted. Adding to this perception is he has a legal firm (who is also a political player locally, as his "reference" in all his advertising. I haven't been back since.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Can't forget the "please unload now" sign posted out front. Personally, I think it's safer to leave my loaded gun in the holster instead of unloading it in my car.

suzgsxr1300

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Noblesville
    Stopped in today for the first time (3 minutes from my house), and it doesn't look like much has changed in the last couple of months. They did greet me when I came in and offered to help me if there was anything at which I wanted to take a look. Overall, I'd say they were friendly enough.

They have a couple of Glock 42's in stock, which I am moderately interested in purchasing, but they are way over priced IMO. $559..Ouch!! I am also considering the Sig P938, which they also have in stock, but again they are a bit over market on this gun too. Not as bad as the Glock, but I've seen the 938 for $100 less with upgraded sights.

I probably won't be back unless I absolutely need something I can't get elsewhere in a timely fashion. It's a shame b/c I'd love to keep my money as local as possible.

CharlesGoodnight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    My only experience was very positive. They did a transfer for me for $35 and did a great job. It was quick and efficient. It is a small shop with limited inventory, but there were some decent/slightly higher prices. They had some ammo in stock (9mm ~ $17/box of 50). Worth a look and it costs nothing to do so.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    They did a transfer for me for $35 and did a great job.
    Emphasis added...and yikes! $35!! USDS is $15. Admittedly that's 90+ minutes round trip from Noblesville, but still...$35, that hurts just to look at.

I've never been in, but my pop goes occasionally and has nothing bad to say about them.

TwinTurbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Under pressure with two snails
    My only experience was very positive. They did a transfer for me for $35 and did a great job. It was quick and efficient. It is a small shop with limited inventory, but there were some decent/slightly higher prices. They had some ammo in stock (9mm ~ $17/box of 50). Worth a look and it costs nothing to do so.

Interesting. When I called them last year regarding their transfer price, I was quoted $50. Good to see that it has come down. However, their prices are too high and their customer service is lacking unless you're law enforcement. It's the shop I really tried to like but couldn't.

Indy Gun Safety is only a couple miles down 37, and they have better prices and service (IMHO).

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville
    I stop in there about once a month to look around. I've bought a few things from them over the last year, nothing major. Service leaves something to be desired.

The best service I ever had in there was on a Sat. afternoon, about 15 mins before they closed. I told them I was just looking, not buying, and still ended up with five or six guns out of the case to handle. He just kept taking out guns to compare, couldn't complain about service that day!

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Stopped in once looking at 45 ammo the box had 3 price labels one on top of the other peeled the first one back just being curious next label down was 2 dollars cheaper. I got the point set the box down and walked out. At least pull off the old price tag before you put on the new one.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I find it interesting that everyone wants to be greeted when they walk into a business. I personally want to be left alone until I ask for help. I'm a grown man, I don't need to be coddled.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I find it interesting that everyone wants to be greeted when they walk into a business. I personally want to be left alone until I ask for help. I'm a grown man, I don't need to be coddled.

You don't but most other people do. If we don't acknowledge customers, customers feel we're ignoring them. Even if we're VERY aware they're there and watching every move they make. That's retail in general

bradrob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Live in Noblesville and have been in 2-3 times. Bought some over-priced ammo once. Not very friendly and prices seem high on nearly everything; I don't plan to go back. I'll go to Sheridan if I'm buying a gun, or online for accessories.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Been there several times. Have seen a few used guns priced at way below market price. New firearms are always way above MSRP. Like to look through the odds and ends table. Have bought a few things there.

If I am in the market for a particular firearm, accessory or reloading supplies, I drive to McDonalds Guns over east of Marion.

Top Bottom