• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    1. To sample different small 9 mms to see which I would want to keep for a CC in my front pocket.
    2. I am buying them at such prices so as to sell them when I find the one I like best.
    3. Of late, however, I am thinking of just getting a light small J frame revolver (.38).

You must have big pockets. A CW9 would be too big for my pockets. I have 2 CM9 pistols. I really like them. Same price as CW9, and less of a pocket full. Just a thought. The CM9 might be smaller than you want, but for me it is barely noticeable IWB. I often have to check to see if it is there. It will also take the higher capacity mags if 6 + 1 is a problem for you. I carry an 8 rounder in 1 pocket, a 6 rounder in another and a 6 rounder in the pistol.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You must have big pockets. A CW9 would be too big for my pockets. I have 2 CM9 pistols. I really like them. Same price as CW9, and less of a pocket full. Just a thought. The CM9 might be smaller than you want, but for me it is barely noticeable IWB. I often have to check to see if it is there. It will also take the higher capacity mags if 6 + 1 is a problem for you. I carry an 8 rounder in 1 pocket, a 6 rounder in another and a 6 rounder in the pistol.

1. I had to chuckle over the "big pockets" comment: you do know I'm a teacher, right? :laugh: I have sold 2 guns in 2 days, I will sell 1, maybe 2 more in the next month.
    2. I don't view $$ spent on guns money spent, but money in the bank: I never have lost with buying and selling guns b/c I buy used for a good price where selling is no problem.
    3. I am interested in the smallest carry, the lightest, but I do come under criticism for it.
    4. That's why I moved up from a 25 caliber to a 22 mag, then a 380 (in the late 80s and early 90s). I thought I'd move up to a 9 mm recently, but I still get criticism, so there is no end to it.
    5. I decided to go with my roots and get a small revolver for a carry.
    6. I'll keep probably 1 gun of each caliber, but continue to buy and try what I've not had just for fun: Baretta, Kahr, and S/W semi-autos, and etc.
    7. Just for fun I might buy a full-size man's gun for the range once I get enough experience to know a good buy when I see it since I know only the smaller calibers.
    8. There are some great buys out there on 40 calibers, but it seems they might be harder to sell since they are out of vogue.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I started with revolvers as well. Rarely carried because they were so big that I had no idea how to conceal them. I also started later with a little .22. Skipped to several different .380 micro pistols, and for the last 3 years have been carrying the CM9. It is about the smallest 9mm out there. It is a pleasure to shoot. If you put Talon grip tape on it. And I am good with it. I have several larger pistols, and as much as I want to carry them, I always grab the little Kahr.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I started with revolvers as well. Rarely carried because they were so big that I had no idea how to conceal them. I also started later with a little .22. Skipped to several different .380 micro pistols, and for the last 3 years have been carrying the CM9. It is about the smallest 9mm out there. It is a pleasure to shoot. If you put Talon grip tape on it. And I am good with it. I have several larger pistols, and as much as I want to carry them, I always grab the little Kahr.

1. Great feedback from your experience: I made notes.
    2. When it comes to 380s, I had a Ruger 380 in my hand yesterday from the guy who bought my Charter Arms 38 for his wife, and I couldn't believe how small: he has 3 of them he's picked up at great prices!
    3. Since I have a Colt Mustang 380 left over from the late 80s, I haven't even looked at 380s: it was the ultimate for me at that time.
    4. The Kahr CM9 sells for as low as $269 at Hoosier Armory, and it makes me wonder if I should try it out when I read recommendations like yours.
    5. I've read few negatives about the Kahr, but some prefer the Ruger LC9 series, which I have and might keep unless I run across a Kahr, and think I should switch.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Thread revival of sorts, I have recently taken an interest in the Nano.
    Palmetto State Armory is running a good sale on them in my opinion. Beretta Nano 9mm Pistol - JMN9S15 $275 with a $75 dollar rebate from Beretta.
    So $200 bucks, when I put it in my cart, I had the chance to add the 8 round mag for another $33 dollars.
    I would like to hear some more feed back on the Nano, plus I am going to see if I can find those mags for a better price.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thread revival of sorts, I have recently taken an interest in the Nano.
    Palmetto State Armory is running a good sale on them in my opinion. Beretta Nano 9mm Pistol - JMN9S15 $275 with a $75 dollar rebate from Beretta.
    So $200 bucks, when I put it in my cart, I had the chance to add the 8 round mag for another $33 dollars.
    I would like to hear some more feed back on the Nano, plus I am going to see if I can find those mags for a better price.

1. I saw those also and it got my attention!
    2. I have info written down on notes about all kinds of 9mm from what people have said to me here in threads.
    3. I can't remember if it was one of those guns people said, "No" about or not.
    4. I never pursued one, so I wasn't impressed when I researched for small 9mms, but at that price-point: go for it!

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have watched a few youtube videos on them, they get really good reviews. I guess the early ones had some FTE issues, but Beretta got that worked out.
    The only real "complaint" from the reviewers is with the flush fit 6rnd. mag not enough "purchase" on the grip. The 8rnd mag was recommended by most of the reviews I watched.

I was considering them for Christmas gifts for 2 of my adult "Children". Both of my Daughter's. I did notice one reviewer had his wife try and rack the slide, she did not have the strength to do so. That is a concern of mine as well, for my girls.

Top Bottom